Pressing Into God's Heart by Tracy Williamson

Hello everyone, this is my goodbye blog as after 5+ years of being one of MTW's regulars it seemed time to let someone else take their turn.  It's been a joy to be part of this amazing Blog, to receive all your words of encouragement and be inspired by all that has been shared.  I've certainly grown in my own writing and been given so much food for thought by the huge variety of content, ideas, experiences, tips and spiritual encouragements. I feel full of thankfulness for you and certain that God delights in your sacrificial offering of creativity.

What I love about ACW and the MTW Blog is its ethos of family.  We may not be flesh and blood but there is a real sense of connection.  We celebrate one another's successes and achievements and mourn with all who are struggling.  We share our skills and expertise our of a desire to help each other grow or to complete their project in the best way possible.  This is something so beautiful, a glimpse of God's heart and desire for all to know they are

significant in His eyes and have a divine purpose. They are part of His awesome plan.
I think all of us are finding a new passion in what we are doing through ACW?  I am certainly leaving being a regular MTW Blogger with a new excitement about writing and determination to take steps to try new aspects of writing, like fiction writing that I've never dared try before. I will be trying this year to express my vague fictional ideas and start to shape them into a story.  That step wouldn't have been possible for me without the sense of mutual support and encouragement that this group embodies. Thank you all.
As well as stepping into new things like fiction, being part of ACW has crystallised those areas of writing that I enjoy and developed in me a passion in my to explore those areas more, that they become not just an enjoyment, but an anointing, a calling..  
Writing from God's heart is what I feel most passionate about.  I find it incredibly humbling that when I'm in the middle of writing He suddenly gives me a glimpse of His heart for a future reader. Seeing a prophetic picture or hearing His divine message for someone is awesome.  I long to grow more in this area and more and more to share the prophetic insights He gives me.  I want to press into His heart and hear His voice and learn to share in such a way that others will be richly fed.  As I was thinking about this and writing this blog I saw a vision of the United Kingdom against a backdrop of the whole world.  As I looked I saw small lights beginning to burn, almost like candles, across the length and breadth of the land.  It was like a dawning of light and hope, each candle of light shimmering and transforming the darkness around it.  Although each candle was its own individual flame, they were flowing together as one.  Radiant light-beams of hope and glory.  

Each one of these candles is each one of us.  God is saying that we all in our different spheres of writing, are creating not just words but Kingdom light whenever we put pen to paper (or fingers to our keyboards)  It is creating a light  of glory in this dark world, words that will ignite hope and faith, love and peace.  Stories that will open locked doors and make the unseeable known.  He wants to encourage us that everyone's writing is significant.  Although it is nice to be recognised and published, the most important thing is that your words and mine are causing that beautiful light to shine out in the Spiritual realm.  As individuals, that light will shine as flickering candles in the dark, but together as we continue to share, encourage and be there for one another , those candles will blend and become one, dawning beauty and hope.

I am sorry this has been rather a rambly final blog but I hope and pray it has encouraged you all to keep pressing into God's heart in your writing and in your whole life.  He loves you and is delighted by your offering.  He will take it and cause it to multiply and bear lasting fruit.  Keep pressing in, keep reaching for the deeper.  Don't let the enemy thwart or hinder you or whisper lies that your work doesn't count. For your every word creates a flame, a light that will not go out but will endure and spread into peoples hearts and lives.  

Tracy Williamson is a writer and speaker working together with blind singer Marilyn Baker for MBM Trust, an itinerant ministry of music, teaching and prayer.  www.mbm-ministries.org   Tracy has written 9 books of a mainly devotional and teaching nature. Her latest book Unashamed was published in Sept 23 and Tracy is now hoping to start her first novel.










Comments

  1. Thank you, Tracy; what a lovely farewell. As someone who's about to start writing for MTW from next month, it's lovely to hear how it's been an encouragement to you to write the blog as well as to read the words of others. God bless you in your new chapter and new adventure with HIm. yes; keep pressing on and pressing in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your blogs, Tracy! It's sad to see you go on here, but exciting to see what comes next for you as well as for MTW! I agree, being part of ACW is so encouraging and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture of the difference our unique words out there in the world cam make when we're truly submitted to our creator's will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our words are so powerful and with God's anointing they become transformational, so totally agree with you. I will certainly miss your blogs and look froward to seeing that fiction story emerge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy, what a wonderful vision. I was already discouraged this morning, thinking that my writing did not compare favourably with that of two youngsters in today's Guardian. You have helped me to reconsider. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Tracey. I will miss your blogs! And 'writing from His heart' chimes so much with me (and with Kingdom Story Writers!). God bless you in all that you do in the next season x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Tracy. Your blogs and writing are always inspiring and encouraging, and have really helped me to glimpse the heart of God.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely farewell post, Tracy! You will be so missed. Thank you for all your inspiring contributions to the blog over the five years and the encouragement shared here. It is humbling to realise that we share God's heart in our writing. That really encourages me. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment