Could You Be Our Next Webmaster?

I have been the webmaster for Association of Christian Writers since April 2020, but this year, 2024, will be my last.

Being webmaster is a role I thoroughly enjoy, as it prompts me to keep up to date with my technical knowledge and everything ACW is doing.  So why am I moving over?  By next Christmas I will have been webmaster for almost four years, and on the Committee (initially as Competitions Manager) for almost nine years, but I need to do other things – my own writing, for instance, and sorting out my own author website, which is currently such a mess I dare not even give you its URL.  Running the ACW web-presence, which also includes More than Writers, is time-consuming.

So this blog-post is a thinly disguised appeal to anyone who feels they might be able to take over the webmaster role.  If you are interested, I would expect to support you initially.  You may like to shadow me for the rest of this year.

So, are you interested?

Here’s the basic technical stuff.  The ACW website runs on WordPress, on the Divi theme.  Although I knew WordPress when I started, I had no knowledge of Divi, but I picked it up, through trial and error, without any manuals.  (I couldn’t find a manual which explained what I actually needed to know.)  Some knowledge of html would also be helpful.  Payments are processed through Stripe.

More than Writers is hosted by Google Blogger.  Anyone who has blogged at all would pick it up Blogger very easily.  I have just rewritten the practice exercise for new bloggers, which explains how the front end of MTW works (but not the back end, obviously). 

The other side of the role is being on the ACW Committee and discussing the way forward for ACW as a whole and… you know what… the Committee members are not a bad lot.  We hold two meetings per year on Zoom and one weekend retreat in person. Committee members are also asked to attend most of the in-person writing events to help set-up and carry out support roles.

Oh, and of course, you have to be a fully paid-up member of ACW to do this role, and, as a fully-paid up member, a committed Christian.  The Committee prays.

So again I ask… are you interested?  If so, please get in touch with me on webmaster@christianwriters.co.uk

 

Rosemary Johnson is the author of the Wodka, or Tea with Milk, a historical novel set in Poland during the time of the Solidarity Trade Union.  She also writes – when she finds the time – short stories and flash, often, but not always, in the historical genre.

 


Comments

  1. Really grateful for all the work you do and with such enthusiasm and grace! Praying for someone to help you out 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your wonderful service, Rosemary. Allison Symes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we all appreciate how much all the committee give of their time. I am trying to shed some responsibilities a bit at the moment. I too will pray for someone to take on the role.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welldone faithful servant! Rosemary, you have created a very big shoe and I pray you find someone who can step comfortably into your shoes! Thank you for everything. May God rest you merrily so that you are well refreshed for your writings, website and other things that are sitting cold on the shelf. We will really miss you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosemary, you have been an inspiring committee member and hard working Webmaster, thank you for all your input over the years. Well done for making progress with your writing too this year, it is exciting and I pray God will nudge someone to step up and take over your post. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment