Mother's coming to life - part 2

Photo by stefano stacchini on Unsplash

It was July 2022, and I was excited! 

My Mother stories were going to be performed, and I was going to be paid. Or so I thought.

But as Ecclesiastes says, there is a time for everything, and it appears that wasn't the time, as it didn't happen.

But it is going to happen now, well barring any disaster, it will have happened by the time you've read this post, as it's scheduled for Friday 8th December. 

It won't be as glamorous as it was originally planned. They'll be no audience and I won't be paid. But professional actors will be reading and preforming work that I've written, so that's certainly not to be sniffed at, and I'll get to meet with other writers and hopefully receive feedback so that will be good. 

There will be darkness. Pieces that chill. So I'll take a cushion in case I need to hide behind it. 

If all goes well, then I'll try and update on the Facebook page or maybe in my January post. 

Until then, I hope you have a Christmas that's right for you, and know a deeper sense of God's love for you in the New Year. 

And just for fun, this is how ChatGPT rewrote my two final paragraphs when I asked it if it had any improvements on my piece - 

Once the dust settles, I plan to spill the beans on the experience. Whether it's through Facebook updates or a dedicated January post, the aftermath of this unconventional play reading will be dissected and shared. Brace yourselves for the highs, lows, and unexpected turns that come with being a storyteller in the 21st century.

Final Act:

With the festive season on the horizon, I wish you a Christmas that feels just right for you and a New Year filled with a sense of connection to the stories that shape our lives. Here's to embracing the quirks and unpredictability of storytelling in our modern world, where the only certainty is that every tale comes with its own unique plot twists.

Martin is a writer, baker, photographer and storyteller. He's been published in the ACW Christmas anthology and Lent devotional. He's currently honing his craft at flash fiction, and you can find him on Twitter here.




Comments

  1. Lovely post, Martin! Thanks. I still don't like Chat GPT! Wishing you all that you wish for yourself with your Mother Stories. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sophia, that is very kind of you. That's interesting what you say about Chat GPT, and I'd be interested to learn more. Blessings to you too, and a very Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. What an exciting project, Martin! I hope it all goes well. Just to encourage you, my son is reading all of your short stories and he is very impressed. He is taking his time and has been marking out his favourite ones. I will report back once I have everything but take it from me, when you announce them to the world, they should be an amazing success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thank you, Nikki, that is lovely to hear, and it just goes to show that things happen in their own time. I'm very glad to hear he's not rushing it, and I'll look forward to hearing what he thinks when he's ready. The workshop had to happen on Zoom and was mixed , but it was okay and helpful in some ways.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment