Celebrating One Year of Blogging and Embracing the Holiday Spirit by Peculiar Medinus


Today marks my one-year anniversary of blogging on this platform, and as I reflect, I applaud the efforts of fellow bloggers who have contributed to the blog for so many years. Their commitment and passion have truly made a lasting impact. While writing is enjoyable for many, it is important to acknowledge that it requires dedication, discipline, and a whole lot of commitment. I say a special thank you to all, especially readers who engaged with my content and made me learn through insightful comments. Your engagement has sparked meaningful discussions and opened my eyes to new ideas, challenging me to think beyond my own perspective.

One meaningful way to enhance our holiday experience is by actively engaging with and giving back to our communities. In doing so, we not only create lasting memories but also foster deep connections with others around us.

Last month, I had the opportunity to participate in a workshop at a local Christmas market. I felt an immense sense of fulfilment as I gave away complimentary copies of my latest book, Anecdotes: The Best Way to Christmas. It was a wonderful opportunity to inspire my community to embrace the true spirit of Christmas, which is the central message of my book. Additionally, I showcased a selection of book hampers at the event—a fantastic gift option for the holiday season! Do you have any creative ideas for a Christmas market stall?

And oh! Talking about markets, I’d seize this opportunity to remind a reader that today is Green Monday. Many stores offer special deals and discounts exclusively on this day, so don’t miss out! Additionally, it can help alleviate some of the stress associated with last-minute gift-buying by giving you one more chance to get everything done before Christmas arrives.

Merry Christmas in advance!

Comments

  1. Well done, Peculiar. These markets are exhausting. They can be really worthwhile for sales like Book Blest, Stroud. Or they can be dismal, like a general book sale also in Stroud. I do hope that you were successful. By the way, I've never heard of Green Monday. Is this an Amazon thing or just physical bookshop discounts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sheila. Busy markets can cause physical exhaustion, especially in a winter-like autumn. It was, nevertheless, a success! I did not have a boring moment, but rather, I forged meaningful connections and encountered a breadth of artistic creativity. Green Monday is the second Monday in December and is noted as the busiest sales day in the month. It's connected to eBay.

      Delete
  2. Good stuff Peculiar! Blogging is a wonderful discipline and I'm glad my words have helped over the years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though you're showing as anonymous. Thank you tremendously!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, Peculiar! Thanks. God ordered my footsteps today when I went in to Woolwich Market and truly reaped from 'Green Monday'. I got some incredible bargains! Happy One Year Book Anniversary! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Sophia. It's amazing how time speeds by! I only started blogging on this platform, but it's been one year already! Happy for you on your fortunate Green Monday adventure at Woolwich Market.

      Delete
  4. Happy blogaversary, markets can be a tough gig but pitch it right and they can be worthwhile. Green Monday is a new one to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks, Brendan. That's so true about markets, but the market gets green on a monday in December 🤣

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment