CLOUDS IN THE SKY – by Derrice James

 


I love all the seasons, but summer is my favourite; golden sunshine, blue skies, and most of all, watching the pure white clouds gracefully drifting by, illustrating beautiful stories on their way. I really feel they are Heaven sent, and that God’s Angels play a bit part in placing them here for us at particular times in our lives, to bring comfort and assurance, as though God himself is speaking to us.  I began writing down dates, times and drawing images of what I saw, and my phone is full of photos of clouds and many people are encouraged by them. There seems to be a pattern to them, some days there would be animals, bears hugging or close to each other, dogs, dolphins, elephants and also humans. I have seen giant Angels, and when I was going through a difficult time I saw, what I perceived to be, the hand of God, showing me that He had me in the palm of His hand. 

When my mother passed away, I saw white feathers everywhere. And when my father passed away, there was a large feather cloud hovering outside his house.  (The actual cloud is shown in the photo below).


I had the most beautiful dream one night, or vision, I am not sure, it was so realistic, as though I was actually there, and I remember it as clearly today as it was then, back in 2000. Jesus in the clouds, standing on a beautiful pure white pillar, His arms were open wide and a beautiful white Dove was hovering behind him. The pillar seemed never-ending, as you couldn’t see the bottom of it as it disappeared deep into the clouds below.  The only two colours in the dream were blue and white. I tried to draw a picture of the vision. I remember feeling afterwards that I had been in the very presence of Jesus and for days, weeks, and now years later, it feels like it was yesterday. 






Clouds are mentioned many times in the Bible. They bring with them special meanings and how they relate to God.  

 

Exodus 16:10 

And as soon as Aaron spoke to the whole congregation of the people of Israel, they looked toward the wilderness, and behold, the glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud.

Mark 14:62 

And Jesus said, “I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”

Revelation 14:14 

Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and seated on the cloud one like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head, and a sharp sickle in his hand.


Derrice has written a book called “Glenna’s Angel – A Miracle from God” when God sent an Angel to her mother and healed her instantly in the ambulance from a near-death stroke.  It changed her mother’s life from that day on. The book is on Amazon.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful and inspiring post! What a revelation! Thank you so much Derrice for this. I have consciously looked at the clouds to see what pictures they present. I have been motivated to write some poems looking at the clouds. In one poem, I called it the'canvas' of God as I described Him there as an artist. The clouds have also inspired so many gospel artists, christian hymns and songs of praises.Also, God used a pillar of cloud by day to protect His people! Very interesting post! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophia for your encouraging reply and all the information you provided. This is my first post ever so I am really pleased to see your comments. I would like to see your poems, do you have a website? God bless you Sophia.

      Delete
    2. Oh welcome to our MTW post writing!! Sure, here is my website: https://bit.ly/3isgPDc
      Blessings

      Delete
  2. I too love the sky. I find it calming and full of God's endless patience and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Veronica. God’s beautiful creation.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sophia.

      Delete

Post a Comment