ALL IT TAKES IS A MUSTARD SEED!!

 

During the half term break, last month, I had the pleasure of hosting my cousin, Angela, in our home at Thamesmead. Being teachers, we needed to enjoy a well-deserved break.  I told her we were going to have a blast of a time and that is what happened. Can you guess how? Well, let’s take it bit by bit…  The very morning she came, we went to my favourite cafe and she said it was the best cafe she had ever been to!  While digestion was busy in our bellies, we caught up on heart to heart chats had hearty laughs and took lovely pictures. My home is a walking distance to the popular historical Lesnes Abbey Ruins and a very lively beautiful lakeside. During the days that followed, we enjoyed long walks around the area, watched movies and played indoor games. She was treated to a sumptuous meal at our favourite African restaurant - The Whitehart at Erith. For her, it was  a very memorable experience! On Sunday, she worshipped with me at Emmanuel Baptist Church, Thamesmead. She was so blessed…

Angela resides in a beautiful home in Dartford, where I was treated to a taste of royal experience during the half term break in February. Starting from the cosy, well decorated guestroom, to specially served tasty meals, the spa, sauna, and the pool at the Dartford Club, it was a real treat for my tired self!  My experience was   like being in a five star hotel.  She filled my cup to overflowing with contentment, pleasure and delight!  It was overwhelming!! So I was excited to give this sister of mine with a beautiful soul and personality, a lovely time. She mentioned her experience of a miracle, which has prompted the title of my post.   I share it below for you to be blessed as I was.

In October, her car’s MOT fell due and for the annual servicing, there was a list of things wrong with the car amounting to £1,000! Worse, this had to be sorted before the MOT could be done! Her faith was shaken.   She hadn’t the fund. She went to the altar in her home and raising her face to God, she told Him, “all You are asking for is a mustard seed. I cannot see my way through this dilemma. I’m close to giving up and breaking down. My car is vital for my commuting and crucial to my work but I am willing to trust You and give You my mustard seed of fait" [Showing God her pinkie]. As soon as she finished talking to God, something ministered in her spirit to take the car to a different equally popular garage and she did. She had felt nervous yet hopeful…The verdict came 45 minutes later! ‘Miss Angela…?’ She got up, walking to the reception with mixed emotions of, ‘it is done’ and ‘Thy will be done’.

‘…all done, it has passed the MOT.’

As she told me this miracle, I felt her joy and gratitude to God for His mercy and provision. All it took was a mustard seed of faith! The mustard seed is described in the gospels as the smallest of all seeds yet grows up to be the largest of all trees, giving shade, shelter and refuge to all. Other concepts of the mustard seed’s value includes: humility, humble beginning, size, hope, worth, faith, etc. As we enter the Christmas season, all it will take is faith as small as a mustard seed to enjoy ‘Christmas miracles’  with our family, in our writings, finance , health and our lives in general. Be blessed!

#Mustardseed, #faith,  #miracle, #writing to delight, #ACW, #iamwriting



 

 

 

 

 

 


Sophia Anyanwu lives in SE London.  She’s an educationist, encourager, author and poet. She’s an active grandmother to 7 grandchildren when not writing!    She is a member of the Association of Christian Writers, UK. She has published 17 books which are available on her website: www.olusolasophiaanyanwuauthor.com and Amazon.  You can subscribe to her YouTube channel here: https://bit.ly/3j0oPuy and follow her on all social media here: https://bit.ly/3UG36Kx

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                            


Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing that story, Sophia. So encouraging to be reminded that God hears our prayers. I love this line in your blog: 'While digestion was busy in our bellies'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing answer to prayer and great storytelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story and message Sophia. Thank you for lifting our spirits! (Sheila aka SC Skillman)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment