A buzz of excitement by Sophia Anyanwu


I’m excited! You might wonder as there is so much pain and conflict in parts of the world like Ukraine as I write!  Life still goes on and we can only continue to hold God’s creation in prayers. Back to my excitement. No, to all your thoughts about a published book, a completed manuscript, a compelling review, a contract offer… I’ll give you a clue. It couldn’t have been easy for our Papa God to have created the world in the time He did! He had it all planned out and like us, must have mulled over what things to prioritise.  It was hard work and it had to be perfect. What excited God was His doing something new and completely different from all His other works of creation. That was when He created you and I! He said, ‘Let us make man in our image’. Surely, it was the creation of Man that pleased Him the most. He must have been excited. How do you feel when you create new genres and works? 

In November 2021, during the NaNoWriMo season, I birthed a new book of 50,395 words: Prophetess but this is not why I am excited.  Prophetess was created in 2 weeks and I rested for 14 days compared to our Papa’s one day rest but this isn’t why I’m excited. Like our Papa God, I have done something completely different from what I have done with all my other writings. Prophetess is a Christian Dystopian Fantasy fiction eliminating all the evil arising from war, sickness and unfulfilled dreams. My first attempt at this genre but that’s not my excitement.  Here is what excites me. All my other works were edited by me. Yes and I’m proud of the comments some people made in their reviews of my writing as ‘Nigerian English’! No offence taken.  It settled an awareness in me though. Now for the first time, I have sought the service of an accomplished renowned editor! Watch the space.


God is excited in creating humans every second.  The Human species is a multi-genre of Beings, metaphorically! To me, Prophetess is a new specie in its genre and created in the image of ‘British English’[for laughs].   It will receive editing in its full entirety.  I am so excited. Can you step back a moment and ponder why else Papa God is excited in creating you and me? Is He excited when you birth a new book as an extension of His creativity?

 

 Sophia Anyanwu is British Nigerian, lives in SE London and is a part time tutor, writer and poet. She is a multi-genre writer but recently writes Christian fiction. Stories for Younger Generations was published in 2017 followed by The Confession, Turning the Clock Hands Backwards and Stories for Older Generations [Stories from the Heart]. Their Journey on Earth to Heaven was released on February 2018. All of Sophia’s books are available from her website: www.olusolasophiaanyanwuauthor.com , Amazon or local bookshops.

Comments

  1. It is exciting. A new book in a new genre, a new editor! Praying it all goes well for you. I'm so glad God got excited about making us, it helps when we don't feel so good about ourselves! Thank you for your joy filled blog today Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something new. A different process. That’s worth being excited about. Looking forward to reading your news book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Having a copy editor is a wonderful experience. Keep us posted on how you find the whole thing and thanks for your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becca, glad that things turned round for the better for you!! I can understand your excitement!! Praise the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your excitement Sophia, it is infectious! Enjoy the experience and I am sure your book will be so blessed. Thank you for your thoughts being so uplifting

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading this, Sophia! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s a great feeling to get your work edited.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment