The Writer's Dance


I’m penning this blog post from a shepherd’s hut on the Bronté Way just outside Haworth, home to the famous sisters. As I gaze at the scores of tiny grey stone houses on one side and the purple-headed moors, on the other, I sigh contentedly. A sense of peace is slowly washing over my soul, a oneness with God and His creation. It is wonderful to simply breathe. 




I take the time to notice, to listen, to feel. No agenda. No responsibilities. Instead, I allow the sun’s warm fingers to massage the knots out of my muscles and, like a panther waking from its afternoon slumber, I stretch, feeling the release of each sinew and bone. I’m ready for the next chapter.



Now my imagination is released and begins its merry dance. It sparks and fizzes as ideas pop into my head like delicious champagne bubbles. It waltzes; dipping and spinning as characters, settings, and plots twirl around. Creating a whirlwind of words, a polyphony of paragraphs before settling into a wonderous symphony of stories.



Comments

  1. Beautiful words and pictures, Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Haworth is one of my favourite places. I actually met my husband there!

      Delete
  2. A panther in a shepherd's hut - loved that. And a panther with a pen in hand, even better. On with the words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies - that anonymous comment was me. It appears that my laptop doesn’t know who I am. This from my more intelligent iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Nikki! I love the idea of the sun's warm fingers massaging your neck. So evocative. Have a wonderful time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You took me back to how I felt when I went to Oxenholme for a short holiday! I was totally tranferred back mentally reading along! Only a holiday might possibly create this kind of effect. I thank God for you. What a lovely post! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post. Like an extended poem. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  7. This conjures up a lovely state of being when the inner and outer world harmonise with each other in a creative symbiosis. (I am SC Skillman (Sheila) and Blogger is now asking us to sign in to Google to comment here, which I did but Blogger still regards me as Anonymous. No symbiosis here!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment