Redemption

“For our light, momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory [beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!  

 Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting."
                                                                                        2 Cor.4:17-19


Over the years, those verses above, have comforted and encouraged me to keep going.  After nearly a year of one medical problem turning into many, life is beginning to return to normality. so am asking the Lord if I can now say, ‘It is finished’. 

There is so much more to life, and as I consider and look to the Lord, I see is the suffering of others. I heard last week that Isis is now terrorising northern Mozambique and killing men, women and children who don’t believe as they do. The only thing I know to do is call upon the Lord, believing He will answer. And news does filter through from many parts of the world that His church is growing, and He has unexpected ways of speaking truth into hearts of minds to draw people of all faiths to the redemptive power Jesus.

I started this blog, then felt I should put it aside to send a Jewish friend Psalm 145 surrounded by flowers I’d previously coloured in, as seen above. I don’t believe it was a coincidence that the UCB Word for Today, (18th), read, “…stay within the boundaries of God’s plan for you…unpack the gift God has given you and put it to work,” That felt so timely having spent yesterday morning making it an attachment to send with an email. Perhaps it is the simplest things we do in obedience that have the greater impact, for she replied from her hospital bed, how encouraged she was to receive it.

I know I have a writing gift, and feel my legacy will be my novels that will change lives and further God’s Kingdom.  However, in recent months I’ve had so many distractions, not just my medical issues, but those of others. Has this happened in my desire to yield my life to the Lord in a greater measure?  The tasks seem simple,  but time consuming, be it to write out a prayer, send a prophetic word or advise on a situation, Right now there seems to be so much need, within and without the Lord’s family. I wonder if what I consider a distraction is in fact being orchestrated by the Lord.  I had two years during ‘lockdown’ to write my book, but instead wrote three story blogs. What for?  Why? I have no idea, but maybe those were part of the invisibleness of God working behind the scenes.   

My aim in writing novels to romance the soul and spirit was to show people who don’t have an understanding of God’s love how He is interested in their every day lives.  I am wondering therefore, if there could be outlets to give them away to a woman’s conference, event, book club. funding project.  There are samplers on Amazon or website: heartsdesireseries.com .  My only request is you pay for the transportation. If interested then email at: admin@emanuel-publishing.com. 

 If you like Ruth Fazal’s music you can find out more about her UK events this September at ruthfazal.com/upcoming-events

 

 


 

Comments

  1. Blessings for this lovely post. May God continue to hear our prayers for the sufferingchurch around the world. Thanks for the reminder. May God also perfect all that concerns your health. Amen. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be encouraged, Ruth. You are doing small things in obedience and they are the big things. I've recently written a piece on Mozambique for one of my freelance clients in the Christian charity sector and while there are terrible things going on in that country, God's work is also being done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment