PROCLAIMING THE GOOD NEWS!

 


We all love to hear good news!  It brings excitement and joy and in most cases could be life changing like in the cases of a new baby,  a new career, a job promotion, a long expected healing or even a new published book! I bring you all the good news of my new book ‘The Captive’s Crown’ which came out on Amazon last night. One week early!! [ It reminds me of a premature baby]. It is the story of the woman who wiped our Lord Jesus 's feet with her hair. I thank God and I am so grateful to Liz Carter for making the publishing on Amazon possible.  I recently thought of the Easter story.  Our Lord Jesus Himself had asked his followers to go and proclaim the Good News of His resurrection, which brought salvation and grace for all who  accept that He is the way to the Father through faith in Him, our Lord Jesus. This was going to be done by word of mouth with the Holy Spirit’s help. In our generation, however, I thank God there are so many communication channels. It took  the prophecy of prophets, angels, shepherds, a star, the three wise men and John the Baptist to proclaim the Good News of the Messiah.

As writers, how would our Lord love us to proclaim the gift He has given us?  Or the books He has enabled us to write for the benefit of the world? I wonder why I felt afraid to tell the world about my new book. It took some nerves to put it out there on Facebook!  It is now available on line! Today also marks the anniversary of ‘Stories from the Heart’. I looked at its progress in terms of reviews and sales and I remembered to thank God.  He says, ‘Give thanks in all circumstances.’ 1 Thessalonica 5:18. I also remembered the wisdom to appreciate little beginnings. So, today, I want to encourage us to be bold about our talents and let God know how grateful, proud and privileged we are to be proclaiming the good news, no what form this might take. Let us also appreciate each other’s talents by   ‘going to tell it on the mountains, the hills and everywhere!’


Some of us are already very good at supporting others but some people still struggle with proclaiming the good news of a newly published book. Some of us too find it so uncomfortable to request for support via reviews.  I would like to know below if you are the type that is confident in sharing the good news of your published book and how you canvass for its reviews. Also, I would appreciate if you could share how you link your MTW posts directly to your blog! That’s a good way of proclaiming the good news of your new book! I usually share it on Twitter. Now, over to you. Blessings!



 



Sophia Anyanwu is British Nigerian, lives in SE London and is a part time tutor, writer and poet. She is a multi-genre writer but recently writes Christian fiction.  All of Sophia’s books are available from her website: www.olusolasophiaanyanwuauthor.com , Amazon or local bookshops.





Comments

  1. This book looks really great, Sophia, so I have tweeted it on Twitter - it's me today as the official tweeter. I love the cover it really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to know the author of a book I'm saying 'congratulations' to - that seems really important, and then it comes true and from the heart. Also it helps if the book is one which I would read, or have read. This may seem a picky comment but if we look at it the other way, does enthusiasm from unknown people feel the same - and indeed is it same - as from friends? My books usually go unnoticed, among ACWs, since they aren't devotionals or written specifically for the Christian market, but aiming at the mainstream, attempting to carry the word that Christians are human like other people (the mainstream is quite set against anything 'religious' in novels at present, though actually, as long as your 'religion' is something other than Christian it does seem okay!) In children's books it is really, really hard - I'm not a children's author but I know it is from others. These are deep questions to ponder - and they are in no way critical of this excellent blogpost from Sophia, or her quite right enthusiasm for her new book, newly available on Amazon, and what looks to be a lovely book, with a super cover. I'm wondering what the Crown is - the crown of glory St Paul speaks of, I suspect? Contrasted with the awful crown of Thorns Jesus was forced to wear? Bless you Sophia, and your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment has given me a lot of food for thought. The crown of glory and victory. I will look for that scripture where I got the idea for my story. And you have touched on one of the issues I mentioned. How do you get reviews for your newly published book? If you don't ask, noone will know. I am more than happy to do a book reviw exchange with you for starts!! God bless you real good for your comments. Thanks and blessings!

      Delete
  3. I'm all for supporting others and encouraging them. I have always felt so supported by the generosity of other ACW writers. Without them, as a new blogger back in late 2019 and a new fiction author early in 2021, I would have struggled a lot more than I did. I share widely, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and to some extent TikTok. I work hard every day to grow engagement and reach on all my platforms and make sure I comment on other people's posts and encourage them in their journey. That all seems to work quite well. It's hard work and praying every morning is the oil on the dry wood. God bless you, Sophia, for your enthusiasm and your willingness to listen to what God is telling you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is real hard work Ruth -working on all those platforms you mentioned and trust me, it is working. I agree that working hard to engage with others on social media and especially on the ACW forum is a great way to get support for one's newly published book. I too can testify of that support from ACW. It's 'iron sharpeneth iron'. It is a 2 way thing. Thanks and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so good at supporting and encouraging others, Sophia. An example to us all. It is hard work to promote our work, and sometimes it does feel overwhelming. I have to believe there is a balance between us promoting our work, and God doing the work to get it into the hands of those who need it. I do try and encourage and promote others too where I can. Congratulations on your new book baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Joy! It is real hard work to promote one's work. Thank God He has His own role in the promoting business. We pray for His favour as a partner in our business and that the right people get it as well. Thanks and blessings.

      Delete

Post a Comment