A word for every season by Annmarie Miles

So here we are at my last More Than Writers post. For now anyway.

I wonder if like me, you go through seasons in your writing and creativity. It has always been the case for me. I remember a few years ago thinking that writing had left me. I sat in front ot blank pages and a blank computer screen. For weeks and weeks I had nothing to say. There were no words. It was scary but as a dear friend of mine had assured me, it passed.

I find myself concentrating on writing fiction these days, and my non-fiction is more spoken words these days. My podcast has been going for 8 months. I’m really enjoying it and feel that it’s time to put some more time into it. I want to start interview people. Yes it’s been just me jabber in on since August. The other things that’s starting this week is that a series I’ve been recording for UCB Ireland radio is starting to broadcast this week, infact tomorrow evening. One thing I have missed since leaving Ireland is my involvedment in Christian Radio. It’s great to be back.

I don’t think we should be afraid of the change in writing seasons. There will be dry patches and there’ll be days when the prose flows. We will know exactly what the next one, two and three projects will be, and then there’ll be that blank page. Our focus will change, our creative juices will ebb and flow. 

Go with it. Let God lead and guide you to what he wants you to say.
In the meantime, let's all keep writing. 



Annmarie Miles is from Dublin, Ireland.
She lives with her husband Richard who is a pastor in the Eastern Valley of Gwent, in South Wales.
She writes short stories and devotional pieces for Christian radio. She is a lover of all things social media and offers help, in the guise of Sunflower Tech Wales to beginners who want to get started. You can find out about her fiction and her podcast, Words, Wobbles and Wisdom, here. You'll find her on social media @amowriting

Comments

  1. Thank you, Annmarie, for your encouraging writing. Best wishes for your future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss your blogs, Annmarie, but what a great reason to move into a new season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be missed. All the best of luck in your new endeavours and pursuits. I sign up in advance to be interviewed by you! Thanks and blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment