MEETING MY NEW GRANDDAUGHTER by BOBBIE ANN COLE

 

A baby girl

All babies are precious but, when a mother has gone through trials, as my daughter has, to become a mum, they are more precious still.

My friends at my Canadian church have literally prayed this little girl into existence. I know  there have been prayers from some of you at ACW also.

Today, as you read this, will be the first day that I get to spend with her, God willing. Writing as I am a few days ahead, I am tingling with excitement.



GIGI

Gigi Yaeli was born on October 10th, 2023, the day after my husband, Butch, and I flew to Israel to live. Friends and family were messaging us not to go, following the massacre and hostage taking of Israelis on October 7th that resulted in a declaration of war, but here we are, living in Jerusalem. We don’t feel we are in any particular danger.

God was in our coming, of that we are sure. For no particular reason, I got this bee in my bonnet about flying into the Land with ElAl, the Israeli national airline. It made no sense: they were dearer than other airlines. Yet it would turn out on the day that ElAl would  the only airline flying into Israel on October 9th.

El Al in flight

OVERDUE

I had hoped and expected to meet my grandchild before flying. I had been in England, attending all my daughter’s final ante-natal appointments with her. Tania was more than 2 weeks overdue. She had been in labour three days when we left. 

Finally, she underwent a C-section on Day 4 and no wonder my daughter couldn't push her out: the dear little mite weighed in at a sumo 10lb 8 oz.!

Mother and baby


I have never heard of a baby that big.

Tania is nearly 39, and this is her first baby. She and husband Eoin lived in Thailand soon after they married. It was there that she learned of potential difficulties conceiving. Back in England, she was scheduled for IVF. They managed to harvest and fertilize three eggs.

There were heartfelt prayers for success in Canada where Butch and I were living at the time.

THIRD TIME

Sadly, however, the first two miscarried. Tania is a horse freak and the second time was at the stables. It was messy, embarrassing and debilitating for her. Even so, she continued with the nasty implanting a third time, the yucky hormone treatment a third time. And this third time, voilà! Beautiful Gigi!

If you were one of those sending up prayers, heartfelt thanks to you. Please continue to pray for my time getting to know this much-desired darling new granddaughter. No doubt, I shall soon be posting pics of her in my arms!

Comments

  1. This is wonderful news, enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so brill - my granddaughter is lovely and my daughter is only too glad to appoint me babysitter while she runs errands, does an exercise class, etc. I'm in baby heaven.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful news, thankful for God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - this little girl is so engaging. I am loving my time with her, Maressa.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post, Bobbie and congratulations for the gift of Gigi to the family.May God continue to protect her, her parents and grandparents. I can imagine your joy for answered prayers. God be praised! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sophia. I have never seen such a contented little girl. My daughter is a great Mum - Gigi's Dad is doing such a great job, too. She and he love the nightly baths he gives her. And I am so filled with joy to be a part of this, if only for a little while.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant news, Bobbie. Enjoyed reading your blog too. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comment was removed by me, due to a misspelt word! So, Congratulations Bobbie Ann, to you and your daughter. Gigi is a beautiful baby. God bless her mightily. May she continue to bring you much joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gigi is beautiful and has a great personality. She smiles and loves people. Thank you, Mary, for the blessings.

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful story. So happy for you. Enjoy every single moment of God’s gift to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Bobbie, how fantastic! She is gorgeous and what a big baby! The three of you look so cosy and happy! God bless you little Gigi, a true gift from our Lord. May you and your family be so blessed dear Bobbie. Safe travels dear sister. Big hugs. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is the most beautiful and sweet-natured little girl I ever came across.

      Delete
  9. Dear Bobbie , your story brings great JOY to my heart. To God be the Glory. Absolutely nothing is impossible with Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am filled with joy at everything God is putting in place for me. I need to keep that like frontlets before my eyes and not let nitty grittys weigh on me.

      Delete

Post a Comment