STORMS IN WRITING!

 

STORMS IN WRITING!

I discovered a piece of writing that I had crafted in response to Liz Carter’s post at some point in time, probably about a year ago! I believe I never posted it or did I?  She wrote about the dark side of her health and its effects on her life as a writer, while holding on to God and leaning on His joy to strengthen her! Do not ask me for the date. I unfortunately don’t know and I also then did not know how to find the blog post!!!  I have come a long way, I tell you!

But re-reading through my response again, I realise that there is something which could serve as food for thought for us all as writers.  We could experience storms in various degrees in every stage of our writing: from getting the idea, making a start, completing the chapters, arriving at the last full stop to signify finish and then moving on to publishing and marketing. So, for example, there are ‘sale storms’, ‘review storms’, etc well, welcome to EPISODE 2 of my ‘NOTHING IS WASTED’ series below:


I found this really striking that your life is so carefully structured. It made me ponder about my own way of life – very opposite to yours.  I asked myself, ‘if chaos ever came to my scene,what would I do? Would I use writing as a way of escape? Or what? Your post has given me food for thought – a storm can happen anytime in our lives and the world we live in and will we remember to call Lord Jesus in to our boat? Or to wake Him if it appears He is asleep with a rebuke – “Care Ye not we perish?” 


May  El Roi, our Lord God speak the words of peace in every storm in our writing and lives.AMEN!




 Sophia Anyanwu is British Nigerian and currently working on publishing her poetry collections.

www.olusolasophiaanyanwuauthor.com


 



Comments

  1. I hate being in the storm when it's happening, but afterwards I often see where the good was

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment