I wait for you...

"Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]  - To Him be glory... throughout all generations forever and ever."        Ephesians 3:20-21 AMP (Classic)


The above (expanded) scripture was written by Paul while in prison! This month echoing in my head is today's title, and the title song on Michael W Smith’s album 'Hungry'.

In fourteen months of lockdown I have written on my Food forThought blog a total of nearly 60,000 words in three series to feed the mind and spirit, and the fourth the body with economic recipes.  It fed me, but how will it find the hungry?

After years of writing, the first book of the Hearts Desire Series.book was published in 2007A family saga of life in 1960s & 70s written from the perspective of the title-named character. The characters, plots and spiritual content interweave in page turning stories in such a way I know God is interacting within them to touch the readers' lives.  As I begin the penultimate one, I am again awakening with God’s plots and pointers.  When the series ends it will total a million words!  When will the Lord raise them up out from the millions of available books?

I have discovered whenever I try to initiate anything to sell my books, meetings, interviews, handouts I seem thwarted as little comes from those.  I have no doubt I am doing the work the Lord has gifted and empowered me to do, therefore in Him nothing is wasted.  I have a big imagination, and believe the above verses are true. Obviously, His timing is not mine!

Over the years I have been hesitant to advertise my books on the ACW site for life is portrayed, and some scenes harrowing, before He brings counsel and peace.  A couple of weeks ago the E-News mentioned advertising through the site, so I sent off an email with all that was required, followed by a subsequent email which was returned, due to the website domain expiring!!  It could only happen to me!

The ACW committee only have website email addresses, but after five days my husband suggested I notify someone via the Facebook group.  As I did that news came that Rosemary had set up a new website, and will now be in the midst of a mammoth task of changing all the links from the old to the new.  So, a new website (wineskin) for ACW members to pour in the fruit of their labours which this time might include mine!

At a recent prayer meeting a picture came with lines of sleek horses waiting for the flag to go down, bringing a sense of it being 'call up' time. Are we with the Lord, saddled in our salvation and ready to serve His purposes?  Before the army is a cloud, what is ahead unknown. Behind the horses foot soldiers are being added. For those who have given up the dream, their horses remain saddled awaiting them. Those who have abandoned hope, and whatever trials have beset them. they are being called to trust again.  It is time to retrieve those dreams that have tarried. There is more... I'm still unpacking it.

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Your blogpost has encouraged me, and as soon as I can figure out Amazon I will try adding my books to our ACW site. Thank you for writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture of the horses waiting. Like you, Ruth, I sometimes feel mine have hardly left the starting post! But thanks for the encouragement to continue. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment