An encouragement to read one another’s work by Claire Musters

 



As members of ACW we are in a unique position in that we are able to hear about a whole host of different writing that we may not otherwise. I know many of us already do this, but I just wanted to encourage you to take the time to look at the output of those within our organisation regularly, and to invest in the books that you feel drawn to. It is SUCH a blessing to each of the writers, but also of great benefit to you as the reader.

 

I felt prompted to write this because of a couple of personal examples of how much I’ve been blessed by books written by members. Just this week I have had the pleasure of dipping into two new titles: The Healing by Joy Margetts and 30 Days with Ruth by Emily Owen. 


 

The first title I had featured on my blog and was excited to read more for relaxation during the Easter holidays. These last few weeks have not turned out as I was expecting (much more busy and less relaxing), but I’ve still managed to dip into the book – and have actually found it speak to me on my own journey of faith. So, while it is a book I had picked up for some much desired escapism, it has actually been feeding my soul. I am very grateful!

 

It was just a couple of days after Emily’s book was sent to me that I discovered our children’s youth group was about to start looking at the Book of Ruth in their Sunday morning meetings. I therefore suggested that we use her book as a family devotional. As soon as we started, I kept exclaiming: “This could have been written just for us!” So much was pertinent for situations we are each facing – both individually and together. It is also written in a way that is easy for us all to understand and glean something from (our youngest is 12). 


 

I am so grateful for ACW, for all those who write such inspiring books, but also for the friendship and sense of togetherness and understanding that I find when I interact on the Facebook group. I also love the poems and videos that various people have posted over recent weeks. Thank you one and all – and do go and check out one another’s work!




Claire is a freelance writer, speaker and editor, mum, pastor’s wife and worship leader. Her books include Taking off the mask: daring to be the person God created you to be, as well as various Cover to Cover and Insight Guide titles. She has also written a devotional on disappointment and loss (available as an eBook or physical book). Grace-Filled Marriage by Claire and Steve Musters will be published by Authentic Media on 7 May. Find out more at www.clairemusters.com and https://thebigchurchread.co.uk/grace-filled-marriage/ where you can sign up to receive emails about the reading plan and videos we are producing for the Big Church Read 

 


Comments

  1. Amen to that, Claire! ACW is a treasure trove and recently I've been supplying my elderly shielding parents with bundles of books from our authors. They've read their way through Wendy H Jones, Fiona Veitch Smith and Sue Russell, plus a sprinkling of Joy Margetts, Fran Hill, Sophia Anyanwu and Lauren Brandenburg. I love having such an amazing resource at my fingertips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words about The Healing, and I'm thrilled that it is blessing you. I absolutely agree about the joy of reading others work. I am a relatively new member of ACW but it has opened up a world new world to me of fabulous writings and I am so grateful - and I have been blessed, encouraged, made to laugh, made to think...thanks all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice encouragement for the writers involved, Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've recently joined and have read 'The Healing' and Maressa Mortimer's 'Walled City'. Two excellent reads. I'm currently looking for a beta reader or two to give me some feedback on my short book on healing process of about 13,000 words. Any takers?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment