A ‘Blogsperiment’ for sharing by Trevor Thorn

 

'Butterfly nebula’ - imagined by the author, 
knitting together the glories of the night
sky and of countryside wonders. 

A ‘Blogsperiment’ for sharing – and advice perhaps

 During the next month, I am experimenting on my blog and although the subject matter of my blog may not feel particularly relevant to some reading it, the outcomes of the experiment may be helpful to other author/bloggers – so do read on even if the next paragraph seems rather disparate to anything you write.

 

Having been running my blog for just over 9 years, I have accumulated enough material to post a regular daily sequence for a limited period. The somewhat ‘niche’ main theme of my blog is celebrating the complementarity of faith and science in revealing the glory of God in the universe. In pursuing that theme, links to various sciences with relevance to climate change and species loss have emerged.

 

So I now have a collection of poems, meditations and songs that relate directly or indirectly to the period designated ‘Creationtide',  which covers 1st September to 4th October which is St Francis’ day.

 

During the remainder of this last week in August, I will be promoting this exercise wherever I can.

 

So, how can this be of help to other bloggers?

 

  • First, I will be looking to see whether there is any discernible pattern of response to various promotional messages.
  • Second, I will be trying to discern whether the traffic builds up over the period, or ‘comes and goes’ much as it usually does.
  • Third, I will be looking more closely at the referring sites and key words to see if there is any pattern.

 

Should any patterns emerge I’ll post the information to the various Association of Christian Writers’ social media sites.

 

It may be that parallels between my work and other authors are not easily perceived – but everyone who writes regularly, as is frequently recommended, may find that there are themes in what might currently be little more than a collection of jottings, which with a degree of planning could become a sequence leading up to something such as a celebratory date.

 

So, let’s see. This collection starts on Tuesday next, 1st September at http://crossandcosmos.blogspot.com where YOU can be a help to develop this idea if it feels of interest. I hope it does and I hope the ‘blogsperiment’ will yield at least some help to a number of blogging authors.

REPORT BACK (28.06.2021): The outcome of this experiment can be found  at

Comments

  1. Thank you Trevor. How do I subscribe to your blog? I couldn't find anywhere to do that and I'd like to

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment