The healing process of bringing a work to birth by Tracy Williamson.


In this blog I want to share about the healing process of writing my new book The Father's Kiss.  I sense that some of you, like me, are feeling afraid of stepping out, maybe because its a new style  of writing?  or maybe because its potentially unlocking of buried hurts or struggles in your life?  God wants to encourage you to take that step and not hold back.
In His hands our greatest weaknesses can become His most beautiful channels of grace. He says to you 'Take my hand and step into what I've called you to be.  I will help and empower you.  Am I not the creator within you, so go ahead with confidence and joy.'

So, me....
I am in an in-between place at the moment. 
An exciting one but rather scary too.  I'm about to publish my new book The Father's Kiss and that feels like an amazing step. Something new has been birthed, formed over 4 years from deep within me.
Do you find that as you write, searching your heart for what to express and opening up to the Spirit's wise and loving guidance, that God uses that very process to shine the spotlight of His healing love into areas of your life that need His touch?
This has been my experience in writing this book and is so again now too as I seek to make it known, for that is something I find hard to do because of how it awakens the old whispers of failure and inferiority.
But our loving Father loves us too much to allow the hurting
parts of our lives to remain hidden.  He calls to us, as He called to the dove in the Song of Solomon 2:14
'My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hiding places on the mountainside.  Show me your face, let me hear your voice, for your voice is sweet and your face is lovely'  (NIV)
He wants to hear us, the whole of us not just our spoken words and that includes our writing and creative gifts too.  He longs to see us because we are beautiful to Him, to see the whole of us, who we are as people as well as what we look like.  We wants to free us from our hiding places.

So what has made this book such a big deal for me? Well, ten years ago I believed I would never write again for I became crushed in my confidence in hearing God's guidance after being turned down for ordination.  I thought, if I'd got that wrong how can I be sure that God wants me to write? So for many years I confined my writing to devotionals on our website.  Yet deep down I felt a yearning to write a book again, but surely that couldn't be from God?  So I put it off and ran away but step by step He spoke to me, putting His longing into my heart that people know that He loves us passionately and affectionately and is committed to us as a Father..
This is what He wanted me to write, so that I and all might receive the Father's kiss of love. This was a huge theme for me as I had suffered deep wounds of rejection and abuse in my childhood and so the book was to be born out of the depths of my experiences of both hurt and healing for I surely could not write something that was theologically true but not my own experience? 
It would have been so easy not to have done it, so many reasons why writing another book wasn't a great idea, yet over and over He confirmed and enabled me, sometimes giving me beautiful prophetic words of love while I was actually writing, that were to go into the book. Words that were for others and yet ministered to me too.  And so it came into being and was accepted for publication and in two weeks (7th Sept|) it will be out.  How amazing His love and enabling!  But He never stops His healing work in us, for as I hinted earlier, I'm now in the process of making it known, 'confidently' promoting my creation in the expectancy that others will be blessed. This is hard too,  a new level from the writing! I am not at all technically savvy or experienced as I did no promoting of my earlier books for it wasn't part of the culture then as it is now.  But more than whether I am experienced or not is the need to be free of inferiority deep within. I am coming to believe the Lord uses this process of needing to market what we create as a way of freeing us from past wounds. 
But how?
Well, firstly the power of community and encouragement.  Some of you are amongst those who have joined my little FB launch team and I am so encouraged by your comments and responses which are helping me stand up against the enemy's negative whispers.
Secondly, I need to actively refute those lies of inferiority and so do you if you feel that same crushing fear within?  So taking steps to post news about your work on social media, sending copies to people and asking for recommendations,  giving it as gifts believing it will bless the recipient are all ways of undoing the knots the enemy wants to keep us tied up in. 
The fact I'm realising is that my Father God wants me to be free and whole, so while its important for our books to do well and to reach the people we've written them for, far more important is who we become in the process - ever more truly His beloved children, accepted, loved and confidently living out His calling.


Tracy Williamson lives in Tonbridge, Kent with blind gospel singer/songwriter Marilyn Baker.  Tracy, who is deaf and partially sighted is an author and speaker and works with Marilyn for the itinerant charity MBM Trust www.mbm-ministries.org seeking to draw people into wholeness through intimacy with God.  Tracy's latest book The Father's Kiss will be published by Authentic Media on 7th Sept and will be available in print and e reader format.

Comments

  1. So thought provoking and true Tracy. THANK YOU! Really enjoying your book so far :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment