DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS!

 

 By this time, last year, I had decorated my home for Christmas!

WHAT CHANGED?

It is not the excuse that my ‘babies’ have flown from the nest, save 2  still trying to stretch their wings for that final flight  or are they too cosy in the nest to make the flight? I leave that to Papa God, our Creator.

  Christmas, aside our celebrating our Lord’s birth, is   personal to every one of us. For me, it is also the rebirth of another mile stone to achieve in my life.  Because it comes towards the end of a year and marks the beginning of a new era, I set life goals and writing goals.  I hope to finish a new poetry collection by Christmas,which was set from December 2021. Hopefully.  For my life goals, I had planned house decluttering,  being more active in my Christian life and to lose weight.  All will be a carry-over!

So all those years you decorated the house for Xmas, was it for the season, family or for Lord Jesus?

 Searching my heart, I realise that for the past 30 years, I did the Xmas decorating. ALONE.  Is yours  a family thing?  I know Donna Fetcher’s home is always heavily and beautifully decorated for the Xmas season [Judging from her last year’s December Newsletter] and maybe many of you as well. Have you done yours yet? Do you decorate lightly or heavily?

I have written one Christmas poem inspired from one of us writing one last year December in the MTW post. I haven’t yet written a Christmas story. The idea of decorating the home for Xmas can create an upbeat tone or mood and an atmosphere of excitement, no matter the genre.  Have you done any Christmas writing?

Well, guess what everyone – I’m simply going to see what will happen in my home this Xmas season!! Will it get decorated for Xmas or not? Find out next month!

#christmas #ACW #Decorations #change #goals







Olusola Sophia Anyanwu is a writer and poet. Sheis married with 5 children and 7 grandchilren. She loves Papa God. All about her wors and her life can be found at her website and Amazon author page:

https://bit.ly/3isgPDc


                                                        https://amzn.to/2WMUTdx






Comments

  1. Lovely. You are very early though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Sophia. I decorate lightly, I think, by some standards but of course it's all subjective - I do like a big tree with lots of decorations on and plenty of room underneath to put the presents! And I love candles and sparkly stuff. (Sheila aka SC Skillman)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment