Keep on Keeping on by Wendy H. Jones



It seems that a series of unexpected and unfortunate events have been preventing some regular contributors not being able to post recently. When this happens, the contributors are so apologetic and feel like they have let the blog down. This is not the case. As I said previously when this happened, people are what matters and we should be supporting each other. 

Today, not only have I had an emergency hospital appointment but I’ve also been to a funeral. It’s during times like this you realise that writing sometimes takes a back seat. Nothing will suffer. During times like this all you can do is keep on keeping on. Write when you can, take time to heal. 

The hospital appointment was for my eye. I’m in pain and struggling to see. So writing isn’t at the forefront of my mind. So, I’m hoping you will forgive my post today. 

My plea to you is to be kind to each other. Be there for each other when times are hard. Celebrate when we have success. Life is short and precious. Enjoy it and know that God loves you. 

Comments

  1. Thank you for this, Wendy. You have encouraged me. I pray your eye is 100% very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you'll feel better soon... Thank you for this piece, it's easy to feel guilty about not writing...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do tend to get riddled with guilt. It seems to be part of our nature

      Delete
  3. Hope they sort out your eye, Wendy. That sounds very ouch and you should probably have asked someone else to fill in today or maybe just post a message saying 'Normal service will resume shortly'. We'd all understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is good. I don't like to ask people to write things at the last minute.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Wendy. For such an inspirational post. Yes, of course, there are times when real life gets in the way of writing and you just have to go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your encouragement Wendy and send healing thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for doing this Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Wendy. you are amazing and an inspiration. Praying for you and for your eye to be fully restored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy. IN the big scheme of things, all is well

      Delete
  8. Hi Wendy, although I am not writing for the blog any more, you are always welcome to ask me to fill in at short notice. (Although I may sometimes have to say No!). Hope the eye is sorted very soon. Nasty thing to be happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate that and will bear it in mind

      Delete
  9. Bless you Wendy, don't push yourself too hard. Rest is good for you and for us all. Put your feet up and read a good book instead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rest up Wendy, put your feet up and read a good book. If you need new bloggers I'd love to join the group.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for this lovely blog post, Wendy, and it's quite interesting that this was on the day that Evs snd I went to see the film. 'A beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood,' which pretty much matches with the values you share here, especially been kind to each other. Hoping and praying you'll be back to full health soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment