An insght into mysteries and secrets...angels


[For I always pray to] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of Him, By having the eyes of your heart flooded with light, so that you can know and understand the hope to which He has called you, and how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints (His set-apart ones).  Eph. 1:17-18
                                                                               

In this new year, new decade, there is a sense of release, not just from the EU!  There is an expectancy, a heightening of understanding, a belief for outbreaks of the Holy Spirit in salvation and healing.  Those things hoped for, but maybe for years unseen, are about to come to pass with new insights into God’s Word and greater revelation of who He is and the deposit of the inheritance He has put within us as His adopted children. As the song goes we might ‘see Him more clearly, know him more dearly’ and be guided in His plan or purpose each day.

For twelve years the Eye Hospital has prescribed eye drops to stop my glaucoma developing.  Seven years ago, I had cataracts removed, the new lenses placed in my eyes meant after sixty years I could see without thick glasses.  In the last fifteen months my tests have shown I can now read below the 20-20 vision line, the doctor says glaucoma is barely discernible and my eyes very healthy.  With medical science, and the Lord, it appears my physical vision is being renewed.  I am therefore in faith that my spiritual vision will improve.  It surely isn’t coincidence that the prophetic voices are aligning 2020 with God wanting to release us into a greater envisioning to help us fulfil His call upon our lives.

Years ago I began to ‘see’ as I prayed.  I find in speaking out the picture it develops and in asking the Holy Spirit to show me how to pray, I feel inspired to do so. We believe in a spiritual, supernatural God, therefore when we exercise our spiritual eyes I believe we will see and live beyond the ‘norm’ (the world’s view of life) into His coming Kingdom.  And as I was considered this, there came this testimony.

Dan and Fi who live in the US arrived on 1st February and told the church what happened the previous week.  Their eldest son recently passed his driving test and with his younger brother was driving Fi’s car to meet Dan.  After a green traffic light they were hit on the side, the car rolled three times and ended upside down in a ditch at the side of the road.  The boys climbed out through the broken windows.  A hospital check revealed no injuries - not even a scratch.  The police questioned the other uninjured driver and the witnesses which cleared the boys of any blame.  Separately, under caution, the boys were asked, “Where is the other boy?” Bewildered, they denied anyone else had been with them.  They were told that witnesses had seen a third person in the car.  The younger boy then piped up, “It did feel as if my seat was pulled back when the air bag inflated, it stopped me being buried in it, but there was no-one there."  Fi then added just after Isaac had passed his driving test she’d seen him arrive home with another boy in the car.  When the boy didn’t come into the house, she asked after him, and puzzled Isaac replied, he’d been alone. At the time she was convinced she’d seen someone in the car with him!!  

Had she, and those at the accident been given sight of an angel in the car?  Over the years, I do believe, and have experienced, their intervention in my life and am reminded of the verse, “Do not forget to entertain strangers for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.”  NIV

 


Comments

  1. I completely believe that angels are sent to intervene in this life. I have had experiences of this myself and heard other stories of lives being saved and disasters being averted by a person who then can't be found. This is a very encouraging reminder that we are not on our own in this sinful world, Ruth. And I am so glad that your vision has improved so much! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring post, Ruth, Thank you! I have had similar experiences with my eyes and now my ears (My kids say if you chopped me off from the neck up, I'd be fine!) I love the testimony given by your friends. It sent excited shivers down my spine. I too believe in angels and believe we have experienced help from one years ago. Do angels ride motorbikes? This one did! Thank you for reminding me about this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment