So that you may know by Tracy Williamson

Last night my beloved Hearing Dog had another epileptic fit.
His third this year.
And I feel shattered and sad.
How are things going to work with my itinerant lifestyle when my dog seems to be getting worse in his condition?.
You may say 'he's only a dog' but he is my friend who constantly gives me unconditional love and hears for me every day.
How does he feel when he fits, is he even aware?
And this whole thing makes me think of the mystery of knowing how it is for others...
What is it like to be me?
What is it like to be you?
What does it feel like to be in constant pain?
Or to live a life disconnected from personal contact?
To know the wonder of a new life being formed within you?
To be in the centre of a loving family or group of friends?
To lose through illness or disability the thing that brought you most joy in the world?
When one friend's face lights up with joy as she describes her son's achievement, and another grieves because of her son';s mental illness, what does that mean to me who has no child?
When one friend is returned to prison and another crashes her car and has nowhere to live,
Can I stand in their shoes?
Can I feel their pain?
The written word can bridge that gap,
The gulf of unknowing can be filled by the gift of word painted pictures.
Words expressing emotions long buried'
Words creating a dance of joy from the heart.
The Bible says 'So that you may know...'
It's God's plan that we may know with a knowing that surpasses mere knowledge,
But know from within.
Knowing Him
His love, That He weeps and feels our pain and celebrates with our joy.
Jesus wept.
Words written so that we may know that our God feels and loves.
God's gift of words to us and through us to others.
Will we use it 'so that they may know?'

Tracy Williamson is an author and speaker working with blind gospel singer Marilyn Baker in a music and teaching ministry MBM Trust.  www.mbm-ministries.org  Tracy who is severely deaf lives in Kent with Marilyn and Goldie Tracy's Hearing Dog. 

Comments

  1. So sorry Tracy. As well as a loving companion, your dog is more than your right hand. Our 9 year old springer started having fits at 5 yrs but seems to have grown out of them. Horrible to witness and the aftermath can be distressing too. Keep writing from the heart. Thanks for the blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a moving and beautiful piece, Tracy. I am so sorry to hear about your beloved dog. I'm praying for you both today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our dog (poodle, Zak) used to have fits in his younger days but seemed to grow out of them in his old age. Still grieving his loss last week. There is no 'just a dog' about a good friend, companion and in your case, helper. I feel your pain. These things are never easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. We've got a three year old miniature Schnauzer, so we know what it's like for a dog to take that special place in your heart. I hope you'll know God's comfort as you grieve.

      Delete
  4. Trace thank you for sharing, when Goldie poorly God holding him his loving arms. Trust God he understands your frustration and stress. But Goldie hears for you he must be frightened. Although your hip is bad. God knows
    He cannot help it. He will pick up vibes from you.
    Just pray and use the pads I told you about. Remember that he family and loved by so many. Give him loads of you and care. Praying xxx❤️��������

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this beautiful and moving piece, Tracy. My wife and I have got a three year old miniature Schnauzer, so we could never say to anyone 'they're just a dog.' When you have a well loved pet, they are a family member. Hoping and praying that the fits will stop soon. Please give your dog a hug from Eva and me xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may be a cat person (first thing I ever published was “Ode to the Cat Who Raised Me”), but I sympathise with love for a pet. So sorry to hear of you and your dog facing this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment