Writing and Technology by Peculiar Medinus

 


Writing has changed significantly due to advancements in technology, from typewriters to computers and now digital devices. It is important not to overlook the connections between technology and daily writing.

Technology has had a profound effect on how we write. As we know, digital devices like tablets and smartphones have become popular tools for writing as well. These devices are incredibly convenient for writers because they allow them to write anytime and anywhere without needing access to a desktop computer. I am writing this blog while waiting to take a flight from Edinburgh Airport to Stansted. It’s 4.33 a.m., but I’m not sitting aloof or giving a frequently tired yawn while waiting to be advised on the actual gate for departure. I am enjoying every moment of my wait, writing away on my Surface Pro, a magnificent gift from my nephew. Bless him!  

Technology has had a profound effect on how we write.

When using a typewriter or writing by hand, it can be laborious and slow. We should be thankful to God for the advent of computers and word processors, which have made writing much faster, easier, and more efficient. As writers, we no longer worry about manually erasing errors; we could simply hit "delete" or "backspace" instead. Also, we can easily move text around within documents, which was not possible.

Digital devices also make it easy for us to share our work with others through email and social media platforms. It is easier for us to collaborate with each other or get feedback from readers all over the world.

Finally, modern technologies like cloud computing have made it possible for writers to store their work online rather than relying solely on physical storage devices such as hard drives or USB sticks. This means that as writers, we can access our work from any device with an internet connection—perfect for us to take our work with us wherever we go!

A reader may say, "This is no news!" But this blog will make someone aware that it’s a writer’s world, and God has made this possible through technology.

 

 


Comments

  1. Lovely post, Peculiar! It is indeed a writer's world! All glory and thanks to God for making our lives as writers easier, profitable, simpler and accessible globally! Thank You God for technology. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Sophia. Again, you have encouraged me today. All glory to God indeed.

      Delete
  2. Great post, Peculiar! I am super-impressed that you were awake and alert enough to be writing your blog at 4.33 am in the airport! I also love the acronym of your first name in your bio. I think I am going to give that a try for my name, although I have fewer letters to work with than you. I will also follow your links to find out more about your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! "Sincere, Attractive, Reliable And Honest" is a good one for SARAH! I'm an 'early writer,' so 4.33am was a good time for me. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. My website is under construction but it's good to know you'll follow my links.

      Delete
  3. Very interesting read! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment