Tales of the unexpected by Brendan Conboy

As many of you know, I can usually plan well ahead and I often post this blog a good month in advance of when it is due; that is until the unexpected happens.  Having spent most of the last month in hospital, I now struggle to write a single word.  My head, as usual, is full of words and ideas, yet few are coherent.

So, expect this to be a very short blog. 

In case you are wondering, I have just had a triple heart bypass.  This was complicated by the fact that I am also a kidney transplant patient.  More complications came in the form of contracting Flu just before emergency surgery, followed by a chest infection, which was not diagnosed or treated prior to coming home

Pain has been a constant companion, yet over the last few weeks, I have experienced many positive opportunities to share about my life and how God still values me.

I regard last month as another chapter, I just need to write it.  I am referring to one of my current works in progress (WIP).  ‘I’m Still Valued’ is my continuing autobiography and I thank God for every chapter – not just the good things but the bad and the ugly things that are also so necessary and need to be included.

What experiences influence your writing?

How do you decide what to include and what is best left out?

 

Brendan Conboy aka Half Man Half Poet is the author of 10 published books including his fascinating autobiography, The Golden Thread.  In 1986, Brendan invited Jesus into his life and God blessed him with the gift of rhyming words.  He used that gift as a Christian Rap artist for 25 years and has written 4 poetry books including the entire Book of Psalms in Rhyme.  He has 3 published novels - Issues, Invasion of the Mimics and Legacy of the Mimics.  He is the creator of Book Blest Christian book festival.  Brendan s available for speaking events, poetry performances and workshops.  Visit Brendan's website HERE.

Comments

  1. Lovely post. You will continue to see the faithfulness of God in your life and every situation. Remember that ALL things will work for your good. It IS well with your health.
    Thanks for reminding me that memoirs also include the 'the good, the bad and the ugly'. May God continue to give you the grace to write and finish up your WIP. Amen. Stay blessed, Brendan. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brendan for your post. Like Sophia I am praying for good health for you. Rest well. Write what you can, when you can. Blessings to you dear TRELLIS friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are through all that - horrible stuff, but got through! Rest now and recovery time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brendan, had I a hat, I would be doffing it to you right now. Health issues which would floor most of us and yet you still wrote, scheduled and published your blog! Wishing you a speedy recovery and knowing that God will bless you richly as you heal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment