Sun, Sand and Sangria

"Blessed is the man
who perseveres under trial,
because when he has stood the test,
he will receive the crown of life
that God has promised to those
who love him."

                                James 1:12


When you read this, I will have just returned from a fortnight enjoying a holiday in Spain recuperating from last month!  The rebooking of the cancelled December holiday was perfectly timed as our friends who couldn’t come then, were able join us.  This song I have found powerful, an encouragement and inspiration to believe what God has done before He can do again. 
Ytube link if you want to listen:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=you+cam+do+it+again+song

 

Walking around these walls

I thought by now they’d fall
But You have never failed me yet
Waiting for change to come
Knowing the battle’s won

Refrain:

For You have never failed me yet
Your promise still stands
Great is Your faithfulness, faithfulness
I’m still in Your hands
This is my confidence,

You’ve never failed me yet

I know the night won’t last
Your Word will come to pass
My heart will sing Your praise again
Jesus, You’re still enough
Keep me within Your love
My heart will sing Your praise again

Refrain:

 

I’ve seen You move, come move the mountains
And I believe, I’ll see You do it again
You made a way, where there was no way
And I believe, I’ll see You do it again x 3

Refrain x 2


And You never failed me yet
I never will forget
You never failed me yet
And I never will forget

 

God’s ways are often mysterious, unexplainable, and the necessity is to always to stay in His rest despite the prevailing circumstances., Abraham and Moses had promises which only were only made manifest near the end of their lives.  Are our dreams and desires to serve the Lord with the gifts we have been given training us for greater reality beyond this life time? 

 

I have mentioned before Tolkien and C S Lewis, their writing in comparison to today, had a very small impact in their lifetime. And Major Tom lived for 99 years in virtual obscurity until in a simple, manageable desire to help the NHS during Covid, drew him from that. In the last nine months of his life he appeared constantly overwhelmed by the response, fame and honour bestowed upon him. I feel that is a picture of the Lord’s love and provision, as we learn about His rest, we come to abide in Him, and even if we don’t see the impact of our lives this side of heaven, I believe we too will be constantly overwhelmed by His love and appreciation of us.  

 

Everything we learn and experience has a purpose, it affects our perspectives and understanding.  We are writers, so be it a short blog, poem, song or a book, it all becomes part of our legacy in God, whether to us it appears successful in our time or not.

 

 

Comments

  1. One of my favourite songs! The walls will come down but until they do we sing of His faithfulness and trust in His promises. And we can definitely trust our writing to Him. It keeps us going knowing He has a plan outside of our understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging Ruth. And I'm so glad you managed to get away after all that

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that everything we learn and experience has a purpose from God Himself as He uses these experiences to enable us produce works which becomes part of our legacy in God. Sinking all this is mind blowing!!! ' IT ALL BECOMES PART OF OUR LEGACY IN GOD!' Alleluyah!!!
    Thanks Ruth for giving me the opportunity to sing that song. It will ring in my soul all night tonight. Lovely post. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment