From Egypt to Canaan! Part 1

 

‘Everything we learn and experience has a purpose; it affects our perspectives and understanding.’ This is the last sentence from Ruth Johnson’s post –Sun, Sand, Sangria for the March 21st blog post.  That spoke to me and I decided to share how my life experiences in Nigeria in the 80s and 90s have blessed my writing according to God’s purpose.

On 4th February, I had a zoom interview with Brandan Conboy for his Dog in the Pod show.  [I’m mesmerised by that ‘Dog’ title and forgot to ask the meaning!] I mentioned what my life in Nigeria was like when the government owed teachers their salaries for months. Imagine if both parents are teachers!! It was like living the hopeless life of the Jews in Egypt.  I had remained devoted to God.  When a mass of believers are together in their pain, their faith gives a divine strength to hope until God provides a way out. I had continued writing and continued my job as a teacher even when unpaid.

Like God heard the cries of His people, mine was also heard. God sent a lady to remind me of my birth land and advised me to relocate to UK to teach!  It sounded preposterous. My manuscripts followed me, the way Moses carried his writings of their lives in Egypt over to Canaan. I never thought my writings would ever get published! It is amazing that people read our books and see God’s glory but never imagine the fire we have passed through or are passing through! Some of these experiences are reflected in my writings.

  In this land of Milk and Honey the Lord has brought us, may our writings continue to help people see God’s plan for their lives and increase their knowledge of God. Amen.


Sophia Anyanwu is a multi-genre writer and poet. Her books are available from her website: www.olusolasophiaanyanwuauthor.com , Amazon or local bookshops.


 

 

 

Comments

  1. Lovely reminder of God's fingerprints on our lives, Sophia. Bless you. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great blog, Sophia. A reminder of the hardships of different cultures and as Liz, says, the way God works in our lives for good. Bless you. I love the cover of this book too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The difficulties we have been through add such weight and authenticity to our writing. So amazing God can use us this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a positive piece. Thanks for reminding me the importance to remain rooted to faith. Tough times make mind wander.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing stories about God's faithfulness - imagine God bringing you here to teach and to get your books out there in the world! Impressed that you manage to do both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is my strength. Only by His grace. Thanks and blessings.

      Delete
  6. This is such an encouraging post. It is very humbling to read your words about this Land of Milk and Honey which remind me of how privileged we are in this country when there is so much injustice in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding out more about people's backgrounds. Thank you for sharing, Sophia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment