SMILE!!!

 

 For all our beloved members who have attained age 50, I ask you - have you written a jubilee poem for yourself? Today too marks the 6th month of ‘Stories from the Heart’! For now, Everyone, please enjoy the ACW Jubilee Birthday Rap below and SMILE! My first ever and only attempt at a rap!!


ACW @ 50 BIRTHDAY RAP!

I‘ve ticked the Jubilee Year –wow!

Can’t believe that now!

Calendars don’t lie.

Time does fly!

I hear the years sigh

Here is fact one –

Nineteen seventy one

Is fifty years down in time,

ACW was born

On the Calendar of Time.

 

I celebrate

Our weight in gold.

I feel golden blessed and bold.

I praise God, Author and Finisher

Bestowed on me golden stars

Of men and women,

From callings numerous to recite

Nourished and nurtured to write

On my bed of time inspired,

Enriched God’s world with words.

 

I lift thanks to God

For planting mustard seeds

In hearts of saints

Past and present. 

Their labour of love

Helped me bloom and soar

From strength to strength.

Now we celebrate

Fifty candles lit on a cake

sparkling the light of grace. 

 

It’s my jubilee celebration

 with ACW family.

Remembering through the years,

every encouragement and                                                                                  

accomplishment shared. 

I hear the echo of voices

over a thousand strong

burst through blogs and chords

hailing me in songs and words -

HAPPY GOLDEN JUBILEE!


 

 Author Sophia Anyanwu is a multi genre author and poet. She has published 7 books which can be found as well as more information about her on her website at

www.olusolasophiaanyanwuauthor.com

Sophia is working to self publish her covid poetry by Decenber/ January by God's grace,Amen.

Comments

  1. Yey! This is wonderful Sophia! Here is my smile 😃. Happy Sunday and have a God Blessed Day 💫🙏✝️💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Sophia! You made me smile 😀 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's brilliant, Sophia. Your exuberance shines through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement. God bless you!

      Delete
  4. Just realised this is a rap. I feel it needs a soundtrack for me to be able to get this in its full glory! 🤪

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely positive and uplifting words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is excellent, Sophia, we’ll done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first ever ACW rap? Very impressed! Move over iambic pentameter, there's a new kid in town

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment