A star's view

For my Blog today I thought I would love t share some of my piece for the Merry Christmas Everyone book.  It is an imaginary reflection by the Star of Bethlehem as he leads the three kings to the newborn baby Jesus.  In this reflection I realized the awesome wonder of the Christmas message, that God came t be with us through His Son Jesus.  I also realised how huge God's desire has always been for us to know and understand His glory .
I've felt a bit overwhelmed this Christmas and fighting against getting pulled down with all that is going on.  But God wants all of us to understand His ways and purposes and open our hearts to Him,to hear His voice and know the wonder of His glory within us whatver is happening in our lives.  I hope this will bless and encourage.


A Star’s View 
An Imaginary Reflection by the Star of Bethlehem
((c) Tracy Williamson from Merry Christmas Everyone)



 I’ve been guiding them for years now, the radiance of my glory lighting their paths along countless miles and across many borders. Wise men of warring nations, they’ve travelled together with harmonious urgency since I gave them an unfathomable dream to follow the star to seek a King, the newborn King of the Jews.
It was I who kindled the fire within them, the longing in every man’s heart to find something greater, the treasure beyond all treasures, the hope that will be fulfilled. Barely understanding they listened, allowing my message to transform them.
Giving up everything they knew, they followed me, the star of light, knowing not where I would lead them or how long the journey would take. They put themselves in my hands, these men of great human wisdom. Some even call them kings and indeed they are, so lofty is their desire to understand this universe.
How I love them and long for them to see the wonderful truth unfolding before their eyes. But with all their years of study they understand so little. No study can ever open that door into the heavenly realm. Only God, can do that, yet it is into that very realm that they and all mankind are to be welcomed back.  O the glory of the plans of God who never stops loving His children even when they reject Him.
What a desperately long journey it has been, through vast stretches of desert, stumbling over dry sinking sand. Hungry, thirsty and constantly facing death. Daily I cover them with the glory of my protection and they keep their eyes on me as I burn with my beautiful guiding light. Yet I am so much more than what they see, for is not Bright Morning Star my true name?
They need to look deeper, to behold the wondrous mystery that God has hidden His glory in the form of this star, just as surely as He has hidden His very life in that of a human child. They see glimpses of the truth as my light shatters the darkness before them. But they have no idea yet that I am the living manifestation of His glory, the glory He willingly forfeited in His all consuming love for them. I with Him, am the Light of the world, the whisper of the Eternal.
How awesome was that moment when He, clothed in glory, filling the heavens like an inexhaustible fire, allowed Himself to become a helpless embryo within a virgin’s womb. I did not leave Him then, how could I, for we were part of one another?  But I too had to change, so I hid myself inside His mother’s care and the whisper of maternal joy. I became the sunrise, the dawning of hope for something greater, the budding of the first flowers of spring, the tender awakening of love, the glimpses of heaven in the hearts of man. TOncehey feared I had gone when that radiant light they had followed for so long disappeared, and the sky became dark. How afraid they were, but never can I Ieave them for they are the chosen forerunners of the coming glory when every knee will bow before Him.
So I did not depart, but I had to leave just awhile for that awesome reunion when I melted into the tiniest space for the most incredible of miracles, the Lord of Eternity born to a virgin with the animals watching by. I unleashed myself then and played in the heavens with the angels, revelling in the shepherds wonder, the fire of my glory touching the earth as Heaven worshipped.
And now today my mission is fulfilled as at last they enter the house where He is, the Holy. They are here and I cover them with my living shekinah glory, for I am no longer hidden inside a star but am now a fire given to the heart of every man, woman and child who believes. From the eyes of the Christ Child Jesus Immanuel, I gaze and sing, as overwhelmed with my gift of holy love, they bow in worship.

Tracy Williamson

Comments

  1. Beautiful, Tracy. I lent the ACW Christmas book to my elderly mum and she's really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely reflection.
    I remember I thought this was one of the most imaginative and inspired pieces in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you that is so encouraging! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment