In the midst of turmoil, confusion, anxiety…

"... the people 
who know their God 
shall prove themselves strong 
and shall stand firm 
and do exploits [for God].

Daniel 11:32  AMP







Our daily newspapers, the media and internet in our nation, and in others, constantly report civil wars, persecution, corruption, violence and uprisings ousting people from their homes.  Countries are seeing a refugee crisis the likes of which have never been seen before. Billed under climate change our tv screens weekly show vast areas of devastation from fire, floods, famines, earthquakes and tsunami’s.   

Matthew 25 says “do not be alarmed.  Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.”  When we see today “nation rising against nation, kingdom against kingdom” Jesus told his disciples these things would be the beginning of the birth pains.  I take comfort from the Bible where Isaiah writes that our creator God ‘knows the end from the beginning’ and 'do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God."

Since November I have sought the Lord about the above verse from Daniel, it's promise has become imbedded in my mind and heart.  At the beginning of this year UCB's Word for Today featured Joseph’s story which I felt drawn to meditate on. Pharoah’s dream drew Him from captivity because God gave him the interpretation or prophesy, that there would be seven years of plenty, so they could store the excess for seven years of famine.  Several days later Bob Gass highlighted the above verse in Daniel, and with our church also adopting that verse this year with, “Know, grow and go” I felt to share scripture for others to read and consider.

In my life time I have seen Biblical prophecy come into being. In August 1982 I had a dream and have felt it is as Daniel was told, 'been closed and sealed until the end of time'.  The verse after 12.9 says, “Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked.   Is there to be a spiritual outpouring in us to store within for a time of Godly famine? 

For years I’ve wanted to be ready, purified, spotless and refined.  I’ve found Ephesians 1 a useful diving board.  I start to read and then from Verse16 speak the words into my life by replacing the  ‘you’ with ‘I’ and then, like a budding rose the words blossom into heartfelt prayer, not just for myself, but for others to ‘know’ Him.

As with any relationship to really know a person you have to live with them day by day. In which case I'll only  'know' God second hand through a Sunday sermon, albeit a helpful signpost, or books and Ytube videos which may inspire me, but with thanksgiving in my heart, talking to the Lord and listening to His Holy Spirit I can be ready for Him to feed, fill and enable me to overcome every circumstance and constantly…                                                     be filled with His love, joy, peace.   





Comments

  1. So agree with you, Ruth. Only God alone can get us out of this mess if we obey and follow him. Thank you for the share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment