Seven mountains to claim and climb...



Joshua 14:12 KJV21  "...give me this mountain... whereof the Lord spoke in that day..."  

When I wrote this blog last month I felt we were at the cross roads,  the country was heading towards the General Election, and my husband starting his retirement. 

On the eve of the election Christians met in our city centre. I felt led to pray, “Let the results of this election astound the nation.  As people enter the polling booths lead them to put the cross by the person you have chosen.”  Whatever our political leanings I believe the Lord answered that!  He has chosen this Government and it is reported 80% of Conservatives acknowledge the God of the Jews.  Let’s continue to pray that they act in wisdom and revelation of the Lord. 

These first weeks of retirement every day except Sunday, seems an enjoyable Saturday! But I am aware as Christians there is no retirement, only refirement!  Moses was 80 when leading the Israelites into the desert, and 120 when he climbed the mountain and saw the Promised Land.  Caleb, full of gusto was 85 when, with Joshua, they took the land for the Lord.  Isaiah wrote God’s promise, “Even to your old age…I will carry you; I will sustain you.” 

On Thursday 14th May UCB’s Word for Today quoted Joshua’s request, “Give me this mountain.” Joshua clearly asked, and believed God would answer.  Whatever stands in our way can seem a mountain, but God uses mountains to exercise and strengthen our faith.  The WFT ended by saying we’d recognize our mountain because it lies at the intersection of our greatest strengths and passions.

At the cross roads, I know our passion is to see the Kingdom of God established on earth as it is in heaven. My greatest strength is to engage the Holy Spirit: in intercessory prayer, inspiring my writing, firing my interest in the political arena and His giving me the ability to understand and enter it.  I dare to dream that our latter years will be far more fruitful than the former.

That same day Johnny Enlow’s book,“The Seven Mountain Prophecy” was mentioned.  A coincidence?  I read it five years ago, the back cover quotes Isaiah 2:2 “Now it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established on the top of the mountains.” The book identifies those mountains that need to be taken:  media, government, religion, economy, education, family, and celebration (a collective word for our worship of arts, sports, entertainment, fashion).   
Five years on, I feel God is confirming I'm called to the 'government' mountain.  And, too am reminded, that Jesus said, “I tell you the truth if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go throw yourself into the sea’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.”  So whatever the mountain we are called to climb we need to step out in faith, and trust the Lord, for His victory is assured.
Emanuel Publishing Blog  Hearts Desire Series

Comments

  1. I love this - "our mountain lies at the intersection of our greatest strengths and passions". This has really spoken to me today as I feel I am likely to face a few mountains in the coming nmonths :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - "our mountain lies at the intersection of our greatest strengths and passions". This has really spoken to me today as I feel I am likely to face a few mountains in the coming nmonths :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I dare to dream that our latter years will be far more fruitful than the former."
    I share that dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous antidote to my current rather negative thoughts about ageing. I love that quote from Isaiah, particularly the part about old age and grey hairs. I am aware that my head harbours a mass of these, under its current box colour. Great post...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth, there are some of us who think the election result has been a triumph of evil, and we think so from Christian principles just as much as you consider the opposite. Five years of coalition have harmed the most vulnerable and led to increasing poverty and inequality, five years of Conservative government promise to do more of the same. I was unable to process the positive parts of your blog as I was so angry at your suggestion that this government might be appointed by God. I do think it is out of order for you to use your blog to promote your own political views, and suggest that we should have a communal rule not to do that, at least not in blogs - in comments is a different matter as they are a place for debate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment