Thank you, by Nicki Copeland

 

This will be my last MTW blog post, I’m sad to say. I’m stepping down as I’m about to add to the balls I’m juggling by starting an MA module, and I’m mindful that I don’t want to overstretch myself.

Photo by Yi Liu on Unsplash

So as it’s my last post, I just wanted to reflect on the ACW and all the encouragement I’ve received – and continue to receive – from so many people in so many different areas.

As a writer, it’s wonderful to be a part of a community that ‘gets it’. From the dry times when the words just won’t come, to the times when they won’t stop and you find yourself burning the midnight oil. It’s great to be among people who, like me, consider themselves (or are considered by others) to be word nerds – and are justifiably proud of the fact!

I’ve encouraged many writers to investigate and join ACW, as it’s a place where writers of all styles, genres and stages can find advice, support and encouragement. I love how we celebrate one another’s successes and sympathise with each other’s knockbacks. And I read so many brilliant books by ACW writers!

With my Instant Apostle hat on, it’s a real privilege to be publishing Write Well, the jubilee compendium, which will be available in October. It’s a fascinating book, with articles about the history of ACW, lots of advice, and writers’ own stories. More information is available here. Make sure you get your copy!

And I’m really looking forward to seeing lots of fellow ACWers at the AGM and Writers’ Day, ‘Nuggets of Gold’ in October. Get your ticket here, if you haven’t already!

So thank you for all your kind comments on my posts over the past couple of years. And if I haven’t engaged enough with others’ posts, please forgive me – it’s because of lack of time, not interest.

And it’s also farewell from Grappling-with-Grammar John. I’m sure he’ll put in more appearances, in times and places where we least expect him to!




Nicki Copeland is a freelance writer, speaker, copy editor and proofreader – and loves anything to do with words. She is the author of Losing the Fig Leaf and Less than Ordinary? She is also responsible for the day-to-day running of Instant Apostle publishers. When she has the luxury of some free time, she can invariably be found with a book in one hand and some chocolate in the other. Find out more at www.nickicopeland.co.uk

 


Comments

  1. You have been great encourager to many, Nicki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts have always been a good read, Nicki, and I've particularly enjoyed your grammar posts! Farewell to you and to Grappling-Grammar-John but I'm sure we will see both of you popping up in other contexts :) Enjoy the MA module. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best with the MA Nicki and thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Nicki that's a lovely post! Thank you for all your posts here and your encouragement, and go rock that MA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you and have a wonderful and challenging time on your MA course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best with the MA module, Nicki! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you every success, Nicki. I've loved your posts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your posts have always been a real encouragement to me Nicki. Thank you for all you've given out. Praying you will be richly blessed as you start your MA. with love, Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will miss your posts, Nicki. Thank you for all you have done for MTW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a great encourager and supporter of writers, Nicki. I will miss your posts too. Every blessing for this next season x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Farewell! You will be so missed. God's blessings go with you into your MA module. Tx for the work you put in MTW. All the best. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your encouragement, insightfulness and wisdom over the past years. I look forward to connecting with you again in the future - hopefully in person at one of the writers'events. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment