Godly assignments


 For this commandment which I command you today is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.”       Deut 30;11 & 14





My June contribution was written before going on holiday in the belief that having reached 250 reasons to bless the Lord I’d continue that assignment on holiday.  But that didn’t fit in with the lazy, hazy, days of sun, sand and Sangria, and I felt guilty on my return.   I consulted the Lord but didn't feel stimulated or inspired to make the thousand.
 
I’d no idea that next day I’d have a new assignment to join with hundreds of people investing prayer and money in a friend now in US for ground-breaking DNA cancer treatment. Her grapefruit size tumour shrank to an avocado before she contracted sepsis and pneumonia. Hearing that I'd a revelation about resurrection life and faith to believe for it.  Within days she was awake eating porridge, but I still felt to contend for her life.  Three days later she relapsed, the doctors about  to switch off the life support machines had shivers run down their spines when her eyes opened and since she’s making a remarkable recovery.
 
On 30th June  I read this excerpt from UCB’s Word for Today: “When you know what your God-given assignment in life is, and that God is on your side, you become virtually unstoppable. Here are fourteen helpful questions to ask yourself:

1) What desires have been living in me most of my life?
2) What motivates me to work hard and be productive?
3) What keeps me going forward when I’m worn out?
4) What makes me refuse to quit when I meet with resistance?
5) What do I do that doesn’t seem like work?
6) What do I do that brings a positive response and support from people?
7) What am I doing or what’s happening in my life when doors seem to open automatically and effortlessly? 
8) What do wise leaders and godly counsellors think about my work?
9) What makes me feel good about being who I am?
10) What makes my creative juices flow?
11) What am I willing to sacrifice in order to accomplish it?
12) What am I doing that I’d be proud to offer for God’s approval?
13) What would I do without being paid for it if I could afford to?
14) What would I be willing to withstand Satan on, in order to accomplish this?”

When sharing this at my Life Group we only got to Question 1.  It quickly became apparent that God put desires in our hearts from a very early age, and long before we made any commitment to Him.  Our ages are around seventy and we'd seen God outworking desires in our lives, some had outgrown our expectations, others still awaited fulfilment.   

Peter wrote that we are living stones being built into a spiritual house. God-given desires come with the gifts, talents, skills and ability to fulfil them.  It’s in unity God says He’ll command the blessing and I'm seeing as His people support and promote one another our desire to build the Kingdom of God on earth will be unstoppable. 
                                                                        Ruth Johnson


Comments

Post a Comment