Prayer for Creativity by Trevor Thorn

On one occasion, at a local Association of Christian Writers, another member challenged a small group of us whether any of us prayed ahead of sitting down to write.

That felt a considerable challenge – so the most practical response seemed to be to write one!

Here is mine – which you are welcome to use or you may prefer to write your own.

Gracious Spirit,
inspire in me
holy creativity
that I may do
bold things for you
and to Christ's glory.

And here, a Celtic-style image of the flame of that same Holy Spirit

Trevor Thorn


Trevor writes faith-based poetry and accompanies many of the poems with simple images, either painted (mainly in acrylic) or in cross-stitch, or as computer generated images. About half of the poems have a science and faith theme. He publishes all of these on his blog, The Cross and The Cosmos which can be accessed HERE where you will find this heading logo.


Comments

  1. I like that. I've copied it into my journal and I think I might make my own as well. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, you are very welcome - and thank you for the encouragement. Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post. So simple and yet infinitely challenging. I will certainly be using that prayer in future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment