'Laughter' is an invisible gift from God

When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion, We were like those who dream [it seemed so unreal]. Then our mouth was filled with laughter And our tongue with joyful shouting;  Then they said among the nations, “The LORD has done great things for them.” The LORD has done great things for us;  We are glad! 
Ps.126:1-3 Amp.

Last month I wrote of the most precious of gifts: Jesus and His salvation package.   Five of us celebrated as this year began and I became a year older.  It was a time of fun and laughter which continued the following day and those joining us entered our bubble of joy. In the midst of that I sensed God said, “This year would continue as it has begun.” 

Later contemplating this with the Lord inevitably I spoke into the terrible problems people faced in this world. The Lord pointed out, “Laughter is one of my gifts.”  He reminded me of the Psalmist writing: “He who sits in the heavens laughs (at their rebellion) ….” Ps.2:4 and in 37: “The Lord laughs…for He sees that His (enemies) day (of defeat) is coming.”  Luke also wrote that when we hunger for righteousness we will be satisfied and from our weeping we will be blessed with laughter.

My response was “Of course, the joy of the Lord is my strength.”  His reply: “But it isn’t you being joyful that is your strength, it is my joy over you that becomes you strength.”  Simple, but a profound revelation!  Zephaniah confirms it: “He will rejoice over you with singing”! 

Zephaniah also wrote about God’s judgement bringing great trouble to nations, but that God would be in the midst of His people, He would save, love and rejoice over us with shouts of joy.”  That fitted my thinking!  He also prophesied God would restore the fortunes of His people and they would again occupy their land.   In the 1800’s Jews began to return to their promised land.  It's nearly seventy years since Israel became a nation in a day and streams appeared in the desert making it a fruitful land. That is now a fact!

God is the same, yesterday, today and forever.  His desire is to pour out unconditional love on all flesh.  And Jesus releasing His Spirit on earth meant God’s nature can be ignited within us.   The disciples learnt from Jesus and found they could do as He did.  Some spoke, some wrote even before the power of the Holy Spirit changed and flowed through their lives.  Romans 4:17 says “God …calls into being that which is not.” There is so much more to learn about our salvation package.  Let's test God’s word, and begin discovering His gifts and claiming His promises Romans 10:10-12 says we won’t be disappointed. 

Graham Cooke in his 3 part series on fruits of the spirit confirmed and inspited this blog.  I recommend reading it.  http://www.brilliantperspectives.com/nothing-works-against-me/

Comments

  1. Thanks for this inspiring post. It has really made me stop and think this morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this. It blessed me. I guess I never really saw before that it is God's joy that is our strength. Not our joy. Funny how we read things sometimes.

    Bless you for your words today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment