Hydrating

 

a pool of water, with ripples on the surface, and leaves above

Next week, I will be spending time with my eight-year-old nephew while his parents are at work. 

Last week, as he shrugged his rucksack on before leaving for school, he said to his Mum, 

“I think I will be able to fit two water bottles in here, so I can carry mine and Aunty Memem’s when we go out”.

He’d have water for himself, and some to give me, too.

It reminded me of ACW. So many ‘share their water’ to encourage, and renew, and refresh others in their writing.

Last evening, I spent time with Tracy Williamson. Whenever we chat, it is always a time of mutual ‘sharing of water’. As we discuss writing struggles and joys, and pray together, we leave energised and encouraged.

Tracy’s next book, Unashamed, will be out in September. The title itself reminds us that we don’t need to be embarrassed. We can ask for help, and receive water that others have for us.

Starting with Jesus.

On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, 

“Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink". (John 7:37)

Anyone who is thirsty.

Perhaps we are thirsty for inspiration, or time, or affirmation, or guidance, or courage, or….

Come to Me, says Jesus.

He has – and is – Water for us.

Let’s remember to hydrate.

Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them. 

(John 7:38)

As we spend time with Him, and write what He puts on our hearts, His living water flows through words. We ‘share our water’.

There is an old hymn; ‘Channels Only’, which speaks of us being channels of His grace. I’ve just looked up the definition of ‘channel’:

a length of water…joining two…areas….

As we write, may we know that we do so in union with God, joined by living water.

a method or system for communication….

As we seek to communicate God’s heart, we do so joined to Him by living water.

Let’s remember to hydrate.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; 

apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5)

Comments

  1. Thank you for such encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  2. So often we come to Jesus and fail to drink. Thank you for this reminder to drink and share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for that Emily and for the mention of our time together and of my new book. I loved our time together it was so precious and upbuilding as those times always are. Bless you and praying the Lord continues to hydrate you and thank you for being such a source of His hydration to all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, Emily! Loved that you enjoyed a beautiful fellowship with Tracy. True friendship is a gift from God. I will definitely add Tracy's book to my 2br list. Yours is next in line! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sophie. Yes, friendship is indeed a gift from God. Having read Tracy's book, I really encourage you to add it to your list! Thank you that mine is next in line, too :-)

      Delete
    2. That's fine! I'm on your book!!! = 'What's the plan?'

      Delete
  5. Lovely post, Emily, filled with your trademark wisdom. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Thanks Emily. That was a little sprinkle of refreshment, right there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment