New Pastures, New(ish) Directions

 


Well, the cataract removal last month was successful, and I was able to read again within a few days first on my kindle, then gradually hard copy print. The sense of relief was enhanced further by the discovery that I no longer needed my driving glasses, even in the dark. Happy Days all round!

 

In my last blog I wrote that I would take the opportunity to reassess my literary activity and consider in the light of “much improved clarity” of vision, what direction I wanted to take in the future. Therefore, the other day I informed Rosemary that after two and a quarter years this month’s blog would be my last regular posting on More than Writers, but that I would like to remain on the reserve list in case of future need.

 I have really enjoyed writing the blogs and reading the contributions of others whose own writing is inspired by our collective Christian faith in whatever genre we choose to express ourselves. In that time I have found that the whole ACW community continues to be very supportive, both for the experienced among us and relative newbies like myself.

 The image above was taken on my wife’s phone and is the view from our new lodge on a holiday park in Pelynt between Looe and Polperro in southeast Cornwall. My wife and I have always refused to buy a second home on principle so have chosen holiday park locations by way of a compromise.

We decided to move from our previous lodge in Camelford, north Cornwall, because of its age and becoming more expensive to maintain. It was also not really conducive to getting the creative juices flowing for as that park has expanded in recent years it has become increasingly noisy and if you are like me, the only background noise I want to hear when I am working is Classic FM on low volume. The wi-fi coverage provided by the park was also problematic at times thus requiring the purchase of a portable unit to ensure adequate connectivity.

 Being in a more peaceful location means that perhaps I may finally get back to writing poetry again or posting reflections from new travels around this part of my favourite county for my creative website, Black Country Londoner. For various reasons my main website covering faith and theology has also been neglected of late and needs to be addressed. Having been accredited as a Methodist Local Preacher and having preaching ministries both in the Black Country and Cornwall, means extra time is needed to prepare and deliver services (including for this Sunday), so something unfortunately had to give. I would rather move aside to allow another writer the wonderful opportunity afforded me and who is better able to meet the commitment.  

 So this is not really goodbye, more au revoir, I expect to pitch up now and again with hopefully some insightful observations but in the meantime, it just remains for me to say, God Bless to each and every one of you and may the Spirit guide you and sustain you in your writing endeavours. Christianity in the UK needs people like you to keep the flame alive amid the increasingly secular society we have become.

 Beannachtai De

 

Michael Cronogue, originally from London now resides in the Black Country region of the UK. Writer and blogger discussing matters of faith and theology on his website www.michaelcronogue.comHe holds a Bachelor of Arts in Theology from the Queen’s Foundation Birmingham (Newman University). A Methodist Local Preacher who also serves as a volunteer Chaplain with the West Midlands Police Service. He blogs creatively at https://blackcountrylondoner.wordpress.com

 

 

 


Comments

  1. I am incredibly touched. Thank God for your quick recovery from the cataract operation. We'll miss your frequent blog posts but your presence will always be felt for the way you have inspired us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind comment. I am incredibly touched. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, Michael! So glad you can finally see clearly without using glasses! Praise the Lord!! Aww , so this is your last post? I will miss your highly intellectual and enlightening posts for sure. And as for writing poetry again, pls join the TRELLIS group!! You will be more than doubly inspired, trust me!! Thanks and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sophie, will do and many thanks. Good luck with all your future writings. Many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment