What does your name and genre whisper to readers? by Olusola Sophia Anyanwu

 Does your book title whisper its genre?

Here are some books that I have read. Can you tell from the titles what genre they belong to?

 

 Sometimes, it’s very easy to tell a book’s genre from its title but not always. The blurb helps readers out. Sometimes too, the writer’s name gives away the genre.  All this got me thinking. What if a book’s title or its author knocked off interest straightaway? I steer off reading dark and sci fi writings. What of you?   I became twitter friends with Raelle who writes mainly pirate stories. I never knew the day would come when I would have a change of opinion about this writer and her writing until I read ‘Romancing a pirate’! I was truly fascinated and it earned 5 stars!!  I make a deliberate decision when I create my book title to whisper its genre. Do you as well?

Here are some names of God below.  Some might be familiar. Which is your favourite and why?

 

 

I love El Roi because I understand that whatever situation I am in, He’s got my back.   Titles / names are important. As Christian writers, we are a light to those still in the world of the flesh. Let our titles [no matter our genre preference] whisper to unsaved hearts!  We are difference makers.  Matthew 5: 14 says –

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

 Hope you all are enjoying the summer [not the pollen, sand flies or the heat]. Blessings!

Sophia Anyanwu lives in SE London with her loving, God fearing husband and two blessed daughters.  She’s an active grandmother to 7 grandchildren when not writing! She’s an educationist, encourager reviewer, author and poet.   She is a member of the Association of Christian Writers, UK. She has published 14 books [which include 3 poetry books] which are available on her website: www.olusolasophiaanyanwuauthor.com and Amazon. Poetry Matters a poetry collection will be out soon. You can subscribe to her  YouTube channel here: https://bit.ly/3j0oPuy and follow her on all social media here: https://bit.ly/3UG36Kx





Comments

  1. I find it really hard to choose a favourite, as it changes! But as I read the list just now, I was really struck with number 15 - 'The Lord who Molds me'. I don't think I've come across that before, and I love the thought of being shaped by Him. Thank you, Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Sophia. Our ladies' Bible study group has just been looking at the Names of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name Elohim. (Sheila aka SC Skillman).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sophia. What a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment