YOU ARE FREE!!

 

Therefore, if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36

 Happy Easter to you all!

 In advance...

 Now, it is dark, gloomy and hopeless. The silence is poignant, eerie and reeks of evil presence. All the minions from hell are on guard. Yet... It seems all is lost. The saints weep. Angels are stunned in shock. But…   Morning comes after the night. Weeping may endure at night but joy comes in the morning!  Huge congrats for resurrecting with our Lord Jesus into a new life this coming Sunday!    We write devotions, mantras, poetry, songs and stories to celebrate this majestic historical incidence of the Easter story of freedom from our enslavement to sin, physical death and salvation.

 

 This Friday, there are two main characters: the Protagonist and the Antagonist hero in a battle to win the soul of mankind. The first setting is Calvary in Jerusalem. There is a shift. The setting moves to the spiritual realm. There is a twist in the tale. The defeated becomes the victor!! There’s a flashback in the prologue - before the beginning of time, the battle has long been fought and won…

 A character in my historical fantasy book, ‘The Captive’s Crown’ recites the poem below:

Enjoy!

 

AT THE TOMB

 The earthquake woke me up

My heart said, go to the tomb

My soul lent me strength

My will lent me courage

My spirit carried my flesh

My feet carried me to the tomb

 

My eyes have seen the empty tomb

My ears have heard the miraculous of all

Wonders and mysteries:

My Lord has risen!

He has the victory

He has gone before me

My Lord is Abba!!

 ‘The things we see are only temporary but what God says to us are permanent’. Believe that you are free of Imposter Syndrome and anything else preventing you from using your gift to God’s glory to bless mankind.










Sophia Anyanwu lives in SE London with her loving husband.  She’s an educationist, encourager, reviewer, author and poet. She’s an active grandmother to 7 grandchildren when not writing!    She is a member of the Association of Christian Writers, UK. She has published 16 books , which are available on her website: www.olusolasophiaanyanwuauthor.com and Amazon.  You can subscribe to her YouTube channel here: https://bit.ly/3j0oPuy and follow her on all social media here: https://bit.ly/3UG36Kx

 

 

Comments

  1. Love the poem! Thanks, Sophia for the vivid reminder of the victory of Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely post as always Sophia, and I love the poem. I love the way you describe the twist, the defeated becomes the Victor. Amen.

      Delete

Post a Comment