THE HANDWRITING ON THE WALL by Sophia Anyanwu

 

Various MTW posts have triggered the title of my post for this month. When King Belshazzar, the son of King Nebuchadnezzar, saw the handwriting on the wall, during a feast, he was troubled. Fortunately, Daniel got him out of his misery and gave the interpretation. Here in ACW, God is talking to us to through many ‘Daniels’ just like there was a Daniel for the king at his point of need. There is a popular saying, ‘What you are looking for very far away is right there where you are!’

I feel great about myself when I consider what I have achieved since joining ACW, in uly 2020.  I learned the value of editing and finally mustered up to having my current works edited. I have plans for past published works. I have learnt to upload my stuff to KDP. I learnt to veer into social media and truly enjoying it. I dropped layers of timidity and boosted my confidence by joining a variety of ACW groups. As for my writing skills, reviewing, supporting others in various ways, God has given me the grace!

I make it a point of duty to try to read every MTW post. I have purposed it in my mind.  It might be any time of the day and sometimes a day or two after but I ensure I read each one. I consider it  ‘ the handwriting on the wall’ and thank God for His Holy Spirit in us. It is like ‘a Daniel’ helping interpret the handwriting on the wall’! There is so much to be garnished from the nuggets of wisdom shared. It could be gaining ideas in our crafts, genres, skills, wisdom, support, encouragement, knowledge, you name it!

This post aims to encourage us all to read ‘the handwriting on the wall’ through the daily MTW posts. The writers may not write your kind of genre, or be your chum, but we are all one in Christ and united through ACW. MTW posts writers have taken the pains and sacrifice to research, prepare what God has laid in their hearts to share. Many members are going through needless stress by not making time to read MTW posts. Iron sharpeneth iron.  Our people perish in ignorance for lack of wisdom!

What a great way to show support, to give encouragement, to hone our crafts, to bless God, to motivate the writers of MTW posts and gain wisdom through feedback. Writers of MTW posts need to read people’s comments, feedbacks and suggestions to their posts. The hand writing on the wall is a 2 way communication process, for both the writer and the reader! Tell the Holy Spirit there, within you to guide you in ALL truths to understand and reap the benefits from the handwriting on the wall. You don’t need to go far to search for Truth!

May you be blessed!


Sophia Anyanwu lives in SE London with her loving husband and two blessed daughters.  She’s an educationist, encourager, reviewer, author and poet. She’s an active grandmother to 7 grandchildren when not writing!    She is a member of the Association of Christian Writers, UK. She has published 17 books which are available on her website: www.olusolasophiaanyanwuauthor.com and Amazon.  You can subscribe to her YouTube channel here: https://bit.ly/3j0oPuy and follow her on all social media here: https://bit.ly/3UG36Kx

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                             


 

 




Comments

  1. You are indeed a great encourager, Sophia. I also aim to read every MTW post, although I don't always comment. There's much to be gained from the words and wisdom of others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aggie! May God grant you the grace to fulfill your aim! Amen. Blessings.

      Delete
  2. I admire your honesty, Sophia. You are a great encourager. I also try to read every MTW post but, unlike you, I rarely find time to comment. The posts do receive a good number of views, but some ACW members and other writers are missing out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! Ask and you shall receive. May the Holy Spirit grant you the time to drop your valuable comments. Blessings.

      Delete
  3. You are indeed a great encourager, Sophia. You support every writer in the ACW. I have to admit that since my accident at the end of May, I have got out of reading every MTW post but it is certainly a good habit to cultivate to encourage others and so I will endeavour to get back to doing it. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to your prayer for your wishes to revive your reading posts by God's grace. Blessings.

      Delete
  4. Lovely thoughts and words of encouragement. I often read but don't comment on MTW, I will try harder. My teachers at school always told me that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you Brendan as you try harder, Amen! Thanks and Blessings.

      Delete
  5. Excellent and heartfelt post, Sophia. You are a great encourager. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sophia for this reminder of the wealth of wisdom and encouragement contained in the MTW blogs. And for being so faithful in reading and commenting on them all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy. I thank God for His grace. Blessings.

      Delete
  7. Thank you, Sophia - I love your link with Daniel, and the handwriting on the wall. I also echo the comments above; thank you so much for blessing us. ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily! All the encouragements and appreciations are blessings to me. Blessings.

      Delete
  8. Ditto to all the comments above, Sophia. Do I read all MTW posts? That's made me think. I set aside Mondays for deliberately reading all/most, then write some comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, John. Keep up the good work. It is encouraging. Blessings.

      Delete
  9. Thank you Sophia! You are an inspiration to us all. I don't read every post but I will try to read more - and when I do read I also comment, because I know how powerful and valuable feedback is to an author. (Sheila aka SC Skillman)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Sheila! May God grant you the grace for your desires. Amen. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad I stopped by today to read this, Sophia. I read it as an exhortation as well as an encouragement - I always appreciate the posts, but haven't cultivated that habit of reading regularly enough. Love the observation about 'What you are looking for far away is right there where you are!' like the handwriting on the way. Very true, and thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you my friend and glad you were blessed. Though you didn't tell me your name! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant post Sophia, the encouragement you faithfully give is an example to us all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment