I have a dream by Tracy Williamson

I have a dream of flying across the waters
Of bridging the gap between my world and others
Of leaping like a gazelle from one bank to another,
Of reaching the heights of true communication instead of just gazing from afar.
I dream of shouting my thoughts into the winds knowing they'll be heard;
Of knowing and understanding, of belonging of reaching
I dream of words and their power to communicate and transform,
A mighty tool, a holy instrument, a key to the heart of God,
I dream of life flowing from my fingers and ideas taking shape
A character evolving,  rising, to live, even to influence others
I dream of my words bringing God's healing to the broken hearted
Creating hope and challenge, peace, greatness and freedom
I dream.of them birthing insight, relaxation and power. Or excitement, tears and laughter
I have a dream
Of stepping out of the awkwardness and alienations of deafness
Into the land of heartfelt interaction
From the distortion of misunderstanding
To the beauty of connection

I stand on the sea shore of my life  The sea speaks of possibility and potential.  You can be soothed by the gentle lap of the waves knowing that in a few minutes its mood may change, the waves rising up amidst the whisper of danger and adventure.
I have a dream to ride those waves to the summits of my potential.
And God calls me in that place within where my words lie buried and my hopes and dreams lurk unexpressed.  The place where fears, loss and sadness become like prison guards and possibility is a naïve shadow.
But He keeps on calling and will not stop.  Not stop calling me nor anyone else, because He loves us..
And He loves me.
And He invented dreams and loves their power

The creative might of speaking something into being
Or writing it.
He calls me to dream, to imagine, to reflect, to put words to my half buried thoughts
And write them down.
And in so doing to walk through the clutching hands of those prison guards
Into life, freedom and the joy of communication.




As a little girl I learned to love books early on and often used them to escape the confusions caused by my deafness and other deep struggles.  Each story I read drew me deeper into the understanding of the power of language, and a dream grew within me to someday write powerful words myself to touch peoples lives. As the years unfolded and I became a Christian I dreamt of using words to help others, to communicate hope, joy and love and give expression to fear and pain,  even to speak from God's heart. 
Amazingly, step by step He has helped me to live those dreams and I know I have written such words that touch others and still do. 
I am so full of thankfulness but I am still dreaming...
I dream of writing novels or short stories that will give the lonely wings of hope.
Stories of life, of love of connection of emotion, of language shared and understood,
of brokenness confronted and healed, of Him alive in our hearts
I often fear that this will be impossible for in my deafness how can I write real dialogue, life  and character?
But He has opened up so much to me, I know I can dream with hope of that next step unfolding too.
I have a dream....
Do you?
Will you unfold it?
And live it?



Tracy Williamson is an author and speaker working together with Gospel Singer Marilyn Baker for the itinerant ministry MBM Trust www.mbm-ministries.org
Tracy, who is severely deaf and partially sighted has written 6 Christian living/teaching books.  Her latest book The Father's Kiss -  living in the reality of God's love - has just been published and is available from Amazon, Eden, Christian bookshops and MBM.

Comments

  1. Thanks Tracy. Inspiring and challenging words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so beautiful. And please know that your words are already blessing and changing lives, and God is so powerfully speaking through you. Bless you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Liz for your lovely encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and encourages me to keep dreaming, thank you, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment