Garden Benedicite by Trevor Thorn

During the two delightfully warm days at the beginning of last week, I had the privilege to be at Launde Abbey where it was possible to sit in the beautiful garden - and reflect

Garden Benedicite
For the exquisitely varied patterns of the flight of different birds,
Lord, I give you thanks and praise.

For the vibrant hues that adorn the delicate wings of butterflies,
Lord, I give you thanks and praise.

For the plethora of insects that drift or fly purposefully through the air,
Lord, I give you thanks and praise.

For the gloriously variegated shades of green and bronze that clothe the trees of summer,
Lord, I give you thanks and praise.

For the sometimes gnarled and sometimes smooth barks of diverse trees,
Lord, I give you thanks and praise.

For the multitude of different grasses to be found in banks and meadows,
Lord, I give you thanks and praise.

For the fascinating shapes and colours of gorgeous and homely flowers which invite insects to revel in their pollen,
Lord, I give you thanks and praise.

For the cereals, seeds, fruits, nuts and vegetables that provide sustenance for us and for the animals,
Lord, I give you thanks and praise.

For the winds that scatter the air and send transient clouds scudding across the vastness of the infinite sky,
Lord, I give you thanks and praise.

For the countless stars that make the night sky a dazzling curtain of jewels, 
Lord, I give you thanks and praise.

For the unfathomable mysteries of the deep vaults of space and time,
Lord, I give you thanks and praise

For all the known and unknown diversity of your amazing universe,
Lord, I give you thanks and praise.

I was at Launde alongside a group of Ikon painters led by the very skilful Peter Murphy. Pam, my wife was part of that group. On the same day as this was written, Peter reflected on the provenance and theological significance of the gold used in ikons. I tried to capture something of what I understood he said. If that sound of interest, click HERE

Other Beauty of Creation/ Wonders of The Universe poems on this blog can be found HERE








Comments

  1. Typically when confronted with a particular cook book, there appears an endless rundown of fixings that seem to exist in space, yet this book has fundamentals that can be purchased and discovered effortlessly in neighborhood markets. Is this book an extraordinary guide, as well as extraordinarily energizing as every week you can watch yourself create and pick up certainty with once apparently troublesome dishes. From steamed cod to sweet and sharp pork, Kwong's formulas will make them consume all your chinese takeaway menus from the get go. book companies online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to intrude on the story and venture back a minute and accept my genuine persona, that of anglican prayer book an expert researcher, my experience is that this issue of a supervisor re-composing your work - logical papers for my situation - can unquestionably happen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment