God is with us


"For (even the whole) creation (all nature) 
waits expectantly and longs earnestly for
God's sons to be made known 
(waits for the revealing, 
the disclosing of their sonship).
 
                                             Romans 8:19


We as a country wait expectantly for life to return to normal!

Yet this is a time for us to discover the Lord and let Him make known to us those gifts, talents, skills and abilities He has put with us. For those finding time on their hands due to restrictions I am praying for constructive, innovative, and even inventive discoveries. This applies to people of all ages, whether it's children learning and parents being inspired with ideas to keep them amused, or those with medical, scientific, engineering abilities to find new ways to solve a multitude of problems. Ones that will improve our health, rid us of pollution, trap energy and ways to preserve it.  

I believe the Lord is saying, "Make use of these days.  Whatever is in your heart to learn, teach, create, do it.  Hone those gifts, skills and abilities."   In these months I have seen, spoken and written things that have surprised me.  This is an opportunity to ask, receive and release the faith as those things that may appear insignificant are given by the Lord to reveal, inspire and encourage His people.   I've mentioned this recent writing has been a labour of love, at times wanting to give up, but have pressed on: write, rewrite, edit, read, reread, but in knowing this was God's assignment it has given me the impetus and belief I am bringing to birth an opportunity to show people how He embraces us with His love, way, life and truth.  
 

To my surprise when I calculate the hours  of my recent labours it comes to  an equivalent 140 days @ 12 hour days, or 70 @ 24 hours a day! It has yet to go on line, due to a whole variety of reasons, but I feel at peace sensing it will begin at the right time, the one God has in mind. 

 

I recently read of an eighty-six-year-old woman living in London who, during lockdown, decided to write a blog called, 'Scarf Aid’. With her granddaughter as webmaster she wrote daily of the scarves purchased from the places she had visited across the world, and what they meant to her. Family and friends read it, forward it to their friends, and from double figures she has been getting responses from across the world.

 

I doubt she, and I, were the only ones incarcerated in our own homes who found that writing each day would consume us.  For me, writing has built my faith, and hearing of her success it was an encouraging reminder of the potential of the internet to bless people across the world.  

Comments

  1. What a faith inspiring blog, Ruth. I needed to hear this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So encouraging! I’m starting to learn how to play the flute as a music to inspire my writing , especially as I can no longer enjoy my gospel choir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true, Ruth. One of my friends, a beautician, has started her own mobile gardening business and is going from strength to strength. God has given us all many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ruth, this spoke words of confirmation. God can and will redeem the time for many. I certainly have been blessed with a creative period of time this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be great to ask people to share what new skills they have acquired over lock-down or gifts they have polished. I've certainly not been bored and there are still a shortage of hours each day... Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment