Chasing Dreams and Goals

 






I was recently inspired by Liz Manning’s post on ‘LIVING THE WRITER’S DREAM’.  There was the picture of a dainty writer’s study with a vintage singer sewing machine table holding her laptop and all her various writing stationery. From her study, she can hear the sea and be so inspired without moving from her home! She can from her bed watch the boats coming and going from the harbour! That is a writer’s dream for some of us!  Other dreams are seeing our books being filmed, receiving over a thousand glorious reviews and writing glorious books, the world hankers for!   I made a list of all my writing goals:

  •        Get a tripod stand /cameras for my YouTube posts, etc
  •           Put my latest books on the ACW Bookshop
  •          Browse the ACW Website for my benefit 
  •         Attend free courses on self-publishing[KDP]
  •          Copyright my books to USA/UK
  •         Enrol my books with 2D2/ Ingram spark/ Okada
  •          Understand better about newsletters/Net galley, etc
  •          Engage more with Alli/ Reedsy
  •          Be active on my blog

 Then, I came upon this scripture and realised that God was talking to me: “But be doers of the word and not hearers only – James 1:22a NJKV. Indeed, how will I achieve my writing goals and realise my dreams if I hear so much literary meat that is shared but not act on them?

 Martin Luther King Jnr was inspired by his own dream and acted on it. Do you know of others who had grand dreams and worked towards it successfully? Tell us below!  If you are traditionally published, have books with over a hundred reviews, receive book sales on three figures, I thank God for you because you are indeed blessed and are an inspiration.  Please if this is you = Procrastination, Self-indulgence, Laziness, Creating invisible barriers, Excuses and Wishful thinking, tick off the list one by one ASAP and get on tracks! Some of us, like me, may have many distractions or genuine handicaps from life issues such as health, family, finance, work, etc.

As Christian writers, we have our faith which we stand on and trust God, the giver of dreams and inspiration by His Holy Spirit. I pray that what He has started in your writing life will be completed by His grace. Hebrews 10:35 says, “Don’t cast away your confidence; it will richly bless you.” This means we need to PERSEVERE so that we can accomplish what the Lord has laid in our bosoms to share to the world for His glory. Then we will attain our writing goals and accomplish our writer’s dreams!

#ACW #Christianwriters  #inspiration #faith #goals #dreams

 

Olusola Sophia Anyanwu lives in SE London and is an Educationist, Encourager and Reviewer. She is a writer and poet.   She is a member of the Association of Christian Writers, UK. She has written 13 books which are available on her website: www.olusolasophiaanyanwuauthor.com and  https://amzn.to/2WMUTdx

 

Comments

  1. Wow thank you Sophia, you are such an encourager. I always feel uplifted by what you write on social media and in this blog. I admit I have fallen back, in terms of updating my YouTube channel, promoting my published novels, continuing with my wip etc. Mind you I have been in Australia for 2 months visiting my daughter and have been writing and scheduling travel blog posts. Thank you for your words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you![Anonymous] Thank you for your kind words. Glad my posts uplifts you. Enjoy Australia and family.

      Delete
  2. A lovely post encouraging us to focus on what we long for, at the same time giving our self-belief a boost. Thank you, Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rather humbled that my post inspired you, Sophia, but so glad it did. Although, knee deep in MA work, my room is much less 'dainty' now with the bed covered in flipchart paper and Post It notes as I try to find a structure for a novel and the walls hung with protypes of poems!
    "God the giver of dreams" - what a beautiful line and a beautiful truth I am learning right now.
    I do have a sampler in my room, which we picked up years ago just for its skill and beauty but the wording now seems very apt for my work: 'Be Thou Faithful'. May we all be faithful to the dreams and goals God has given us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to your prayers, Liz Manning.All the best in your MA work.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your very kind words too, Liz.

      Delete
  4. Katherine Blessan28 October 2022 at 12:49

    What a wonderful, encouraging blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an encouragement as always. I have followed and attained many dreams, never stop dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a wonderful gift of encouragement, Sophia. I am all for to do lists and yours is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment