In His good time.........................by Ruth Johnson


 
 
“There is a time for everything, 
and a season for every activity
under heaven.”

 Eccl.3:1


  

In July I felt an urgency to return to the book I was writing two years ago, to re-read, re-edit and it seems now to re-write much of the fourth novel in the six of my Hearts Desire Series.  August had only two events booked in and thus a clear and perfect time to get back into the characters and plot.  Despite a five week run, the two events cancelled, I’ve only reached Chapter 16 due to the plot subtly changing.  I always know the end from the beginning, but what happens in between never ceases to amaze me. And I confess having read my third book to help me into the fourth I’m surprised that I’d written it.

Each 400 page book is a separate story but follows the same set of characters, and life is seen through the character named in the title.  The first story begins in London 1966 with ‘Jane’, 1968 with ‘Jill’ and 1970 with ‘David’, best read in order, and if interested the last time I looked ‘Jane’ was free on Amazon Kindle. 

My aim is to write page-turning novels that romance both the soul and the spirit.  We know the journey of life isn’t smooth so the storylines include a variety of subjects e.g. rape, abortion, murder, death, grief, abuse. Interwoven in the plots is how our heavenly Father desires, despite our failings and mistakes, to invade our lives with His love whch includes people and His Word.  

We serve a supernatural God who has a plan for our lives and I’ve experiences that make for tales far more extraordinary and stranger than any fiction I could write.  And as writers’ I expect you too have a sense of God’s hand in the hundreds, if not thousands of hours spent using the talent God has given us. My belief is to keep on investing those abilities and skills, and in a similar way to the parable Jesus told of the talents, God will bless and multiply when we invest, and not bury, the gift He has given us.  

I engage with Christians across the country who are excited and encouraged that the Lord is listening to the prayers of His people, and we are moving into a new season of God’s activity in individual lives and the world in which we live.  Forty-three years ago when I gave my life to the Lord I’ve never settled, but had a pioneering spirit to forge ahead and step out in faith.  I’ve based my books on Ps.37:3-5 in the belief that God knows what He has placed in us, and when we trust, delight and commit our way to Him our heart desires will line up with His and, as it says in Ps.27:13 “I am confident that we will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living”.

Comments

  1. It is certainly good to use our God given gifts. Thanks for the encouragment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment