Food for Thought...2



“I will stay close to you,
instructing and guiding you
along the pathway for your life.
I will advise you along the way and
lead you forth with my eyes as your guide.
So don’t make it difficult; don’t be stubborn
when I take you where you’ve not been before.

 Psalm 32:8
(The Passion Translation) 


 
This blog started out fifty-six days ago with the idea to write a daily on-going story to give people opportunity to forget lockdown and dwell on something different.  I had no idea of the story beyond the first few episodes and have enjoyed stretching my imagination in attempting to feed others, and I too, have been fed.  I didn’t plan for forty episodes, or it becoming ‘Series 1: The Journey” as it covered six days in the character’s life.  It is  time consuming to keep the story line to 300 words, and a friend lelps to find a relevant scripture and question.  In seeing the story was far from the end, we took a seven day break, upgraded the website, and it now continues as “Series 2: “The Steps to the Castle” with a variety of interactions.

I wasn’t aware that ACW’s blog reached the uttermost parts of the earth, so was surprised to receive ‘feedback’ from a man in Australia who using the link reported the blog was ‘nourishing’. Very apt!  The encouraging comments brings me to believe both sexes and all ages can enjoy it.   

A female ACW member commented on this one: 

Intrigued by the letter you read it several times.  As you consume your simple, but delicious lunch you think about the invisible author.  Replete, you sit back and rock gently in the chair to imbibe the peaceful scene.  The lavish green of the grassy plain is bordered by the huge trees of the property and the sheds seem to meld into their surroundings.  Nearer to the veranda clumps of longer grass are infused with colourful flowers that have a delicate fragrance that wafts in the air.  Your hand runs along the smooth planes of the rocking chair, as the sun lowers in the sky.  Its golden glow, reveals the same rich teak wood on the veranda as inside the cottage. You stand to closely examine the beautifully carved balustrade around it.

A longing to meet the carpenter has you strolling again around the area. You enter the little picket gate into the kitchen garden and examine the growing contents. Large luscious strawberries bring a desire to eat a few.  You look around, would the carpenter mind?  In the distance you hear the donkey’s heehaw.  You hesitate, but as it continues you realise it sounds like “have them, have them.”  By coincidence the heehawing stops as you bend to pick a few.  Due to their succulence you eat more than intended.  Juice is dripping off your chin before you stand again.  You look down expecting to see a row of empty plants, but if it were possible the crop seems to have multiplied.

You questioned inwardly, ‘Where am I?’ On the gentle breeze there seems a whispered answer, ‘Visiting my dwelling place’.

The Lord says, “I will be still and I will look on from my dwelling place, like clear and glowing heat in sunshine, like a fine cloud of mist in the heat of harvest.”  Isaiah 18:4 (AMP Classic)

Where do you find your sense of peace and rest?










Comments

  1. That is so beautiful! I love the image of the picket fence and the donkey in the background. Evocative and moving writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth, I do appreciate your comments each month. So pleased you enjoyed Episdoe 4 of the The Journey do go on the link at the bottom of my blog to read more. and if you like it tells your friends, for I so long to bless as many people as possible.

      Delete
    2. I love it when I post a blog and the first comment comes in. It reassures me that someone is reading my words. I will, thank you. You are blessing many people. I'm going to share with my church group.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Ruth I appreciate that.

      Delete

Post a Comment