WHAT WOULD DECLUTTERING AS A WRITER LOOK LIKE?


 What in the world does that mean, you might ask?  I gave this thought, got out a pen and wrote out all my commitments, achievements and responsibilities as a writer in 2022. This is what it looked like:

·         Author events / book launch [live and online] - 5

·         Published books - 3

·         YouTube channel – [8 videos]100  more followers

·         Writer’s conference  -1

·         Completing poetry anthology –  50 more poems

·         Reviewed 30 books

·         Responded to 365 MTW posts

·         Twitter – 2,000 more followers

·         Instagram – 12 posts, 70 new followers

·         FB -365+ posts

·           Happy New Month  - 12 times to over 200 receivers[Whsap] and social media

·          My Blog – 2 posts

·         ACW MTW Blog - 12

·         Zoom meetings -24

·         ACW Email Group meetings  - 3

·         ACW Author’s Group local  - 4

·         Goodreads posting  - 12

·         Books  I read – 30

·         Blog/newsletter writings – 2

·         To be read list waiting – 5 books

·         Author interviews  - 2

·         Membership – Trellis, SoA, Alli, ACW and six FB author groups

Yours might be much more, much less or in between – depending on how many ‘talents’ God gave you.  God gave some 5, some, 3 and to some others, just 1 according to their abilities. Do you take on more than you can chew? Do you need to declutter? Let me know below.  I made up my mind to finish off my 2br list before accepting more, but what do you do when a loyal writer friend needs your support? Difficult!  As writers, we should learn to apply wisdom and discipline for the benefit of our wellbeing. Even as Christians, we cut out those things that do not bring glory to our Lord for our spiritual wellbeing.

In any case, it is good to look back over goals achieved and your progress in the last year to help you plan better in the next year!Decluttering might help! What would you declutter in your writerlife?

I pray that God will continue to meet all our needs according to the glorious riches in Christ Jesus.   Philippians 4:19[ Amen]






 

Olusola Sophia Anyanwu is a poet, writer and a member of ACW.  More about her are here: Olusola Sophia Anyanwu Linktree




Comments

  1. I am afraid I am a bit of a clutter bug, so struggle to cast off that which isn't seen to be needed. Instead, I have learnt to prioritise. You have achieved loads though, Sophia, well done 👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brendan. Prioritising is important. Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Sophia for an interesting blog. I am a hoarder of clutter. Important clutter of course. I even hang on to emails I like, and I've kept every letter my friends from all over the place have written every Christmas since I left school/college/other places I've lived in. I think it's probably time for me to commit to a decluttering session. Not those letter though. They are definitely staying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings Veronica! Your comment made me smile because I too have mails,letters etc dating to over 40 yearss ago! Whatever keeps you happy is not junk. Do hold on to those precious mails and letters! Blessings.

      Delete
  3. That's an impressive list of accomplishments. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can take effort to declutter but it feels good afterwards. It gives a sense of space and order. You also find lost things! I like the idea of collating your writing endeavours and achievements, often we have accomplished more than we remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks David, You are quite right about decluttering because as you go through stuff, yes, you discover, remember, reappraise, recollect, revalue and find things forgotten, etc You feel good for the declutering and for the accomplishments. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With my piles and files and notebooks and paperwork and even with books, I do have an occasional 'thinning out' spree, and I usually feel liberated afterwards. I am so impressed by your list of achievements Sophia! (Sheila aka SC Skillman)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment