God's gift to you

The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD— and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears
                                      Isaiah 11:2-3




It's that time again to celebrate Jesus' birth, life and death and the release of the Holy Spirit into us.  What a privilege to have such a gift that grows and helps us to know Him, and can be used to bless others.  It was the Holy Spirit who drew my attention months before I committed my life to Jesus in 1972 and since has brought me divine appointments and incredible God-incidences.  He has made me conscious of God’s timing, provision and desire to fulfil my unspoken desires.  Even silly things, one which happened the other day.  Having talked about a fiction book a friend and I wanted to read I was in the Oxfam bookshop two days later and there it was! 

Years ago a friend prayed, “Lord I desire to know you as you know us” which is a prayer I now often pray.  Last month I told of how when hearing about The Wall of Answered Prayer I felt in a leap in my womb.  When I sent in an answered prayer I realised I'd had so many I could write and should do so as my own monument to the Lord's goodness.   His ways aren’t ours.  He doesn’t live in our timing.   And in these days He is accelerating and expanding our understanding of the who He is, and who we are in Him. 

 A month ago Travis, a young man in our church was asked to speak on Sunday morning and included his extraordinary experience.  This is the link to the talk and what happened to him. .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cqa1kUEp0 forward 33 mins to hear his testimony.

The brief story is two weeks before Travis was going to Malaysia he dreamt about a large church, and walking up to a man and giving him a prophecy.  The dream felt so real he Googled churches in Kuala Lumper. The first one he looked at fitted the dream, and a picture of their senior leader the man he had spoken to.  Once in KL he visited the church. It was as he had seen it, but the guy he’d spoken to was away.  He saw his wife and was surprised when she beckoned him over, knew his name and said, two weeks earlier he had prophesied to her husband with the promise to return.  He wanted to explain, but another prophetic word came out of his mouth, bringing tears rolling down her cheeks. Later he realised on that Sunday he’d awoken after his dream at 4.00 am and KL is 7 hours in front of UK! 

As with God, He, the Holy Spirit, is not just for Christmas but an invisible gift which we can open and use at any time.   So be blessed as you unwrap God's gift to you this Christmas.  All we have to do is listen, trust Him and step out in faith.  The excitement is mounting in the belief that in 2020 God is going to envision us do more than we could hope for, or imagine. 


Comments

  1. Thank you Ruth for this reminder of the amazing power of the Spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment