The Promises of God


For no matter how many promises 
God has made,
they are "Yes" in Christ. 
And so through him the "Amen" 
is spoken by us 
to the glory of God.   

                                    2 Cor.1:20


 

Songs often herald a movement of the Lord, and there are many in these days.  Two of them we sing regularly in church struck me as being particularly relevant in these days to build our confidence in the Lord and to believe His promises. “Faithful are You” and “God can do it again.”  

The Bible is one big promise, the first and foundational one in my life is Ps.37, “Trust…Delight…Commit your way to the Lord…”  From that my  ‘Hearts Desire’ series was born to testify the Father’s love through fiction and using some my journey and the adventures He has taken me on.

When young, before knowing the Lord, I and a friend would pretend to be radio presenters.  A buried desire which fifty years later opened up through my books to present and produce my own programmes on a local radio station.  

But I still await a promise of forty years ago and have never lost faith that the Lord would bring it to pass.  I believe if I doesn’t happen in my life time, like those who were commended for their faith in Hebrews none of them received what had been promised as “God has planned something better for us so that only together with us would they would be made perfect”.

Jesus said, in remaining in Him we will "be taught by Him", "bear much fruit”; “ask whatever we wish” and in "obeying Him know His love.”  So in the simplicity of that I ask the Lord for plots and characters.  Each book title is the name of the main character and the story from their perspective. I’ve no experience of my next character's lifestyle so how was I going to get into her mindset?  A year ago, in preparation I asked the Lord.  As before I thought His provision would be someone who had. As that hasn’t happened and I will soon begin writing I asked again.  And awoke with not only a ‘brilliant’ solution, but the skeleton plot will dovetail nicely into the previous book.

I believe God is going to move in ways we haven’t seen before.  Jesus said to the disciples, ‘Let’s go over to the other side, the boat seemed safe until a squall arose and they thought they’d drown.  Jesus response, ‘Oh ye of little faith’ for hadn’t He said ‘Let’s go over… His Word, His assurance they wouldn't under. 

Andy Williams, one of the songwriters in our church has written an amazing song which came out of a debilitating illness which he overcame with the Lord    The words so apt for these days that the congregation erupts every time we sing it.  I'll finish with.the last four lines.

Every lie of the conquered accuser
Every weapon that my enemy may hurl
They will cease when my God starts to speak
'Cos my King always has the last word.

                                                                                                                     Ruth Johnson




 


Comments

  1. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck.
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (info@drituaherbalcenter.com)(drituaherbalcenter@gmai.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment