"The cross is in the time"........................Ruth Johnson

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
A time to be born and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted. 
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance. 


Eccl.3:1-4



Our first year of retirement we enjoyed five cruises while waiting at the crossroads to see which direction God would point us in.  It would seem we are to continue straight ahead.  Over the years, the people we have met, the things we have done, the experiences and lessons learned are part of the future God is setting before us. Nothing in the Lord is wasted.  Everything He uses to prepare us for the next step in His plan. We cannot see into the future, but it’s time to step forward to enable him to reveal His purposes in us and for us.   
Each morning I welcome the Father, Son and Holy Spirit  as I have come to understand that the deposit of His Kingdom (Eph.1) within me only grows when I walk in a constant relationship with Him.  In asking Him about that deposit I know  intercession, prophetic utterances and writing are the gifts He has given me, and Jesus’ story about the talents brings the desire not to bury, but invest those in readiness to enlarge the place of my tent. (Isaiah 54).  
  
Years ago, a friend impacted me saying, “The Lord wants you to know the cross is in the time”.  I contemplated that for months.  God doesn’t work in our time frame for the Bible tells us that He knows both the beginning and end of time.  His Father heart towards us is always for good, but He has allowed man to choose his own path, and provided Jesus to save us when we reap the consequences of our actions. He is all seeing, all knowing, is in everything everywhere, and if we seek His Kingdom and His righteousness, He will supply our needs. (Matt.6:33)  Therefore, in these troubled times, we can rest assured He is in control, nothing can separate us from Him, and in Him the best is yet to come.

‘Time’ then took on a new significance, the clock often connects me to prayer or scripture.  Recently Jer.6:16 prayer the referendum in June, 2016.  My cancer diagnosis where God used time and numbers.  Another occasion was 11.11.11 where several people prayed with me to thank God for ending two World Wars and saving our nation. We started at 11.11am and finished at 11.11pm.  As we ended I believe the Lord declared, “One is won!  I have the victory and prayer will always save your nation.

I'm setting aside time this August with an urge to complete my fourth book after two years of it sitting on the side. When you read this I know I’ll be excited because the Lord has edited, probably altered the plot and changed the ending.  By 21st September I expect to report, “It is finished”! 

Comments