A Glimmer in my Father's Eye - A new book's tale by Tracy Williamson

I didn't always look like this.  

In fact, at the  beginning I had no headings, no pages, no chapters, no paragraphs and not even any words!  Can you believe that?  I had no shape or form whatsoever; no title, no cover design; nothing.  I didn't even have an author and certainly not a publisher.  How can you publish something that doesn't exist?  

And yet, and yet I DID exist.  Yes, even though I had nothing to describe or define me, and no external being, I DID exist, because from the very beginning I was a spark in my Father's eye.  A gleam of intent; an idea that He would, one day, speak into being.  

Sometimes the universe can seem like the darkest of voids.  As it was in the beginning when there was nothing, nothing at all. Blackness,, emptiness, a vortex of nothingness And yet, the Spirit of God was there, hovering and brooding. And it was then, in that sudden outpouring of creation, that I found myself present, a spark of an idea in my Father's eye.  A word that would be spoken in due time.  A life being formed.  Just as the very stars of the universe were formed within him before they were flung in cosmic joy into space, 

I remember that slow dawning of awareness as if I was rolling over and over in the infinity of the Trinity.  A thought taking shape, a glimpse through the eyes of the Eternal.  And those eyes were looking. roving through the aeons of time, searching for a resting place, a human heart that would embrace and birth me, a human mind, that would ponder and grasp me; a soul in unspoken belonging with the Immortal.  

He searched while I glinted and shone through His eye.  He searched and the years rolled by.  He searched until He found.  And He spoke and said 'Let there be: letters that flow together and shape.  Let there be words that describe and words that create, words that comfort and heal; words that swirl the depths and form life; words that take my gift of love and plant it in another.  

'Let there be' And as He spoke, form entered into me and I flowed from His being, swirling through eternity.  Time's corridor could not hold me back.  I was flying, I was forming; I was falling, I was home.

What was home?  The place of my planting.  The womb of my birthing; the heart of my human.  

I, the glimmer in my Father's eye, there from the dawnest of time was now in the place of becoming and birthing.  At rest in my human's heart.  She who would, through her thoughts, prayers, reflections and Holy connection, see beyond the nothing to the being I could be.  

And my glimmer become a letter, a letter a word, a word a sentence and then a paragraph, a section, a page, a chapter, a book.  

And soon you will see me.  You may hear me spoken out.  You may even hold me in your hands.  I love it best when you allow me to wrap your hurting heart in Father's love or when you let me slip into your guarded place and tickle you with joy.  I love to spring with new life into tired eyes and tireder souls and bring the gift of new life.  

I love my destiny.

I was nothing in a universe of void.

But I was a glimmer in my Father's eye.

And on that day, that day when He found my human resting place.

I was born and started to become. 

Thank you for letting me into your soul.

Please now let me flow out again, through you.

And another letter, to a word, to a sentence, paragraph, page....

Will be born.

Tracy Williamson is an author and speaker sharing ministry and home with her great friend Marilyn Baker.  Tracy has just completed her new book Unashamed which is now being prepared for publication with Authentic Media. 




Comments

  1. This is brilliant Tracy, so imaginative and inspirational. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brendan, that’s really blessed me, thank you, Tracy xx

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful analogy, Tracy. I love the idea of comparing our creation as humans with the creation of a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katharine. I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Much love, Tracy xx

      Delete
  3. Wow!What a marvelous post! I have never read the creation story ideas used in relation to our writing! What a very unique and talented skill this is. Well done! A brilliant crafting from title to the final fullstop. Mtivating. Thanks and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie thank you so much, that is an amazing encouragement. Love and blessings to you, Tracy. Xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post, Tracy, thank you. Monday is one of my writing days each week, and this has set me on absolutely the right track today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillian, that’s amazing. I pray your writing has been blessed today. Tracy xx

      Delete
  5. As always, your writing is so tender and beautiful and encouraging, Tracy. I can't wait to hold the real book in my hands (folks, it's superb. A true creation of God.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth, wow, thats such an encouragement, thank you, Tracy xx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful, Tracy, thank you. And I agree with Ruth above; it’s a wonderful book. ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Emily you have so encouraged me ? Xxx

      Delete
  7. Wow Tracey, I was captivated and drawn in by your beautiful writing ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Tracey. I have been blessed by your books and particularly by this timely article. Looking forward to reading the new book!
    Every blessing this next week at the Greenhouse,
    Ian.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment