1000 reasons for my heart to find...

"I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;

 I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you;

 I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High."
                           Psalm 9:1-3





Four years ago I was very taken by a song written by Jonas Myrin and Matt Redman.  Many of you will know it.  I love the lyrics it so fits with how I feel about the Lord, and my desire to worship Him.  Put the title into Google to hear it, the words are at the bottom.
  
The line that particularly touched me was “For all your goodness I will keep on singing, Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find Bless the Lord oh my soul….” Could I find one thousand reasons for my heart to find?   On my own blog I decided to begin and for one hundred days wrote ten reasons to thank and bless the Lord. 

I was blessed by doing it.  I tried not to have repeats but there must have been and I should have thought it through before I started.  I did have a different subject each day, but it occurred to me I should have planned it using a more in depth subject where I'd be unlikely to get repeats.  I’m not a gardener, but thanking the Lord for the variety of flowers, trees etc and their differences I'm sure could add up to 1,000.

I’ve just found out my blood pressure is over the normal limits.  In considering just how incredible my body is in the design, function, it’s self repairing capabilities, longevity and ability to store up probably millions of data retrievable in an instant, it seemed possible there are a 1,000 reasons to bless the Lord for His extraordinary, unique creation of me.  

When you read this I will be on Day 39.  I started at the top of my head, and will work my way to the tip of my toes.  Some days I learn as have to use Wikipedia, others are just simple. For example:  Bless the Lord for fingers to:

1. use a keyboard
2. grip a knife and fork
3. turn pages in my book
4. point at things
5. peg wet heavy clothes on a line
6. poke into small areas or objects
7. stretch over and around my body
8. pick up small objects
9. tear open an envelope
10. scratch where it itches
                                                                                     Ruth Johnson
Words to 10,000 reasons 
Chorus: 
Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I'll worship Your Holy name

The sun comes up
It's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass
And whatever lies before me
Let me be singing
When the evening comes
Chorus
You're rich in love
And You're slow to anger
Your name is great
And Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness
I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons
For my heart to find
Chorus
And on that day
When my strength is failing
The end draws near
And my time has come
Still my soul will
Sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years
And then forevermore
Forevermore
Chorus


Comments

  1. This is beautiful; thank you (there's one of my thank yous today!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment